Calling all 10/22 Geeks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am building a stainless and a target barrel, my target gun I think I will go with the Kidd, debating on that or the T/C reciever Boyd stock. After shooting my son's and adding a few Kidd upgrades decided I should be putting them in my own gun so ordered first reciever and my upgrade extras will go towards a take down.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kidd reciever ordered and standard reciever should be here today, Tac Solutions barrel and Adam's & Bennet bull barrels ordered. And still deciding on a take down . .now to figure out where to hide 4 extra guns since my safe is packed . . Not too bad of a problem to have and ordering a case of .22

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I sold just about every .22 I had during the Obama administration. I still have a few .22 pistols but no rifles. Deciding on whether to buy or build two different set ups, a target and a breakdown. Quick question, on the trigger groups, is there a significant amount of difference between the Vort, Timney, etc? What about the receivers? Brownells? Tac Solutions? I liked the Tac Sol Xring breakdown version but it's ~$900. Seems you'll spend that anyways if you build something similar though.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check Ebay and gun broker I have bought tac sol barrel Boyd stock and a few other things about 1/3 of the new price. My first target gun is a Kidd reciever bolt and charging handle with tacsol barrel and timey trigger, the second Adams& Bennet heavy barrel in Houge overmold stock it is getting the Thompson 22R reciever, bolt and charge handle. It is supposed to be upgraded from Ruger's design. And I built a stainless because I had left over parts. I will post how all of them shoot when all the pieces get here.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Kidd receiver and bolt I also love the Thompson .22 it has the cleaning hole and a few other thing they thought Ruger should have done, like last shot hold open on the bolt and stock trigger is similar to the BX and my Kidd receiver has the Timney trigger group. love both guns

Latest posts

Top Bottom