Calling Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll try one more time , any of these?

Attachments

• Hellion-Remote-night-scaled.jpg
    Hellion-Remote-night-scaled.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 0
  • remote-control.jpg
    remote-control.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 0
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 44392ea0-6bfc-47a8-868a-2aab515fdbd7.84e0cf1171953a01a3c9669ef401058d~2.jpeg
    44392ea0-6bfc-47a8-868a-2aab515fdbd7.84e0cf1171953a01a3c9669ef401058d~2.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
  • NEW-Remotes-100__19208.jpg
    NEW-Remotes-100__19208.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll try one more time , any of these?
Might have been the one with 2 remotes. Whos’s call is that?

I’d swear I saw it here, but maybe not.

Thanks again for the pics.

Edit - honestly, the next call I get is going to be bought on the aspect ratio of the remote and not what the call can do. My FoxPro is basically useless to me now cause I can’t see the remote.

Last edited:

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might have been the one with 2 remotes. Whos’s call is that?

I’d swear I saw it here, but maybe not.

Thanks again for the pics.

Edit - honestly, the next call I get is going to be bought on the aspect ratio of the remote and not what the call can do. My FoxPro is basically useless to me now cause I can’t see the remote.
That's the remote to an Icotec outlaw.

Which FoxPro is it & are you going to sell it? I just ordered a lucky duck rebel yesterday but I might be interested if I could afford it. PM me if you want to get rid of it

Last edited:

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My FoxPro is basically useless to me now cause I can’t see the remote.
Have you contacted FoxPro to see if one of their more recent remotes with a larger display could be used with your caller? I have a FoxPro Firestorm I bought new but only used it a couple of times before finding a used Fury that has a better display (for me) on the remote.

I would be interested in purchasing a new remote if it would would with the Firestorm and had a larger display.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like my FoxPro caller that I've had for close to 12 years has bit the dust.
I was calling withit the other day, right near my parents back yard, & as I was picking my stuff up to quit, I remember getting a call & answered the phone cause it was a good friend of mine. I must have set the speaker down somewhere instead of in my backpack. Cause a couple days later I saw it at the corner of the house all chewed up & broken from our Pyrenees pup. She likes to eat things that are not digestible.
I started to get mad at her, but then remembered that it was my fault too.
Live & learn I guess.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like my FoxPro caller that I've had for close to 12 years has bit the dust.
I was calling withit the other day, right near my parents back yard, & as I was picking my stuff up to quit, I remember getting a call & answered the phone cause it was a good friend of mine. I must have set the speaker down somewhere instead of in my backpack. Cause a couple days later I saw it at the corner of the house all chewed up & broken from our Pyrenees pup. She likes to eat things that are not digestible.
I started to get mad at her, but then remembered that it was my fault too.
Live & learn I guess.
That's a bummer, there's plenty of new e calls now and like cell phones they've improved a bunch in 12 years

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kind of the opposite I only need a dozen or so sounds on the call. I typically start a session with a hand call be it howling or distress & then let the e caller take over once I figure they're coming. I have been busy hand calling many times and had a coyote staring at me while I was working the call & didn't get a shot because he bolted seeing me move before I spotted him. I just haven't found an e caller that's as successful for me as my hand calling in getting them coming especially off their beds during the day, e caller with decoy is best if using one in my opinion

If I'm going to do a bunch howling I prefer a diaphragm call 10 to 1 over an open reed howler just for the sound quality but both work, the red desert howler is a nice open reed howler. But if I used an e caller primarily I'd run one with as many sounds as possible, I've seen them with over a 500 sound library before. I'd probably buy one of the nicer icotecs

I pretty much stay with your generic rabbit sounds, grey fox distress , woodpecker distress & howls & I will use fawn distress when does are birthing in my are. That bag of tricks will get 99% of coyotes and bobcats.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom