Carnivore Diet Part Deux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m was pretty strict on the carnivore diet for about 4-5 months at the beginning of the year. I lost 60 pounds and felt great. It was hard though to stay that strict and say no to all the cookies, cakes, ice cream, and sweeties that I love so much. I allowed a few healthier carbs back into my diet to try and alleviate the daily soup that flowed from my anus. I had diarrhea for 5 months. A few healthy carbs turned into a couple of milkshakes a day. Anyway, I’m about to eat macaroni for dinner with the kids. I’ve gained back 25 pounds.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my Doc says the whole cholesterol thing is a myth not to worry about it.

Sounds like a good doc, not sure there are a lot of those around.

Didn’t Dr. Carnivore himself jump off this diet because it wasn’t good for his health?

Don't know who Doc Carnivore is....? All of the ones I've gotten info from are still on carnivore.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on this diet for about 5 months now. I eat 6 to 9 pieces of bacon every morning and sometimes I add a link sausage. I eat steaks, chicken, hard cheese, eggs, fish fillets, and pork skewers. I had blood work done after being on it for a month and the only issue was my bad cholesterol was up a little. My doctor said it wasn't bad enough to put me on meds for it. I drink LMNT about 100% of the time. I never had a sweet tooth so, that wasn't a problem. I eat pork rinds for snacks. I dropped 35 pounds at first but, gain 8 pounds back while on light duty while recovering from a surgery. I'm off light duty now and should drop some weight again. I was completely off an acid reflux med that I had been on for years after I first started carnivore but, went back to a half dose just for indigestion. I used to get an upset stomach about every couple of months. I haven't had one since I started this diet 5 month ago. It is hard to stay with sometimes but, I think it is worth it. I don't plan to change back.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on this diet for about 5 months now. I eat 6 to 9 pieces of bacon every morning and sometimes I add a link sausage. I eat steaks, chicken, hard cheese, eggs, fish fillets, and pork skewers. I had blood work done after being on it for a month and the only issue was my bad cholesterol was up a little. My doctor said it wasn't bad enough to put me on meds for it. I drink LMNT about 100% of the time. I never had a sweet tooth so, that wasn't a problem. I eat pork rinds for snacks. I dropped 35 pounds at first but, gain 8 pounds back while on light duty while recovering from a surgery. I'm off light duty now and should drop some weight again. I was completely off an acid reflux med that I had been on for years after I first started carnivore but, went back to a half dose just for indigestion. I used to get an upset stomach about every couple of months. I haven't had one since I started this diet 5 month ago. It is hard to stay with sometimes but, I think it is worth it. I don't plan to change back.
Any cramping issues? That's the only problem I've ever had while on keto. Electrolytes can get out of whack. I made my own ketorade concoction that seemed to help, but thought about trying LMNT. I just don't think I could do it while active - like cycling or running.

Latest posts

Top Bottom