CCW carrier taken into custody.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any way to track this guy's case until the final outcome?

If charges are filed you will be able to find him on OSCN and following the filings that way. They used to put the documents on line, but here lately they are not doing that so much in sensitive cases ... I am guessing that if you want to read the pleadings in this particular case you will have to go to the County Court Clerk's office and ask to see the hard copy.

OSCN Court Docket

ETA: I just went back and clicked on the link to his booking detail at Oklahoma County and it has been pulled ... so ... I don't know if they will put his record up on the public records or not ... **Note to self to check for Jerome Ersland's record when we get back home ... You guys enjoy ... I am gonna go with GC to sell a holster.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The information on this page is NOT an official record. Do not rely on the correctness or completeness of this information. Verify all information with the official record keeper. The information contained in this report is provided in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Records Act, 51 O.S. 24A.1. Use of this information is governed by this act, as well as other applicable state and federal laws.
IN THE DISTRICT COURT IN AND FOR OKLAHOMA COUNTY, OKLAHOMA
State of Oklahoma v. Lawson, Jack W No. CPC-2010-10290
(Criminal Probable Cause)

Filed: 10/15/2010

Judge: Hall, Russell D.

Parties
Lawson, Jack W , Defendant
STATE OF OKLAHOMA , Plaintiff

Attorneys
Attorney Represented Parties

Events
Event Party Docket Reporter

Counts
Parties appear only under the counts with which they were charged. For complete sentence information, see the court minute on the docket.

Docket
Date Code Count Party Serial # Entry Date
10-15-2010 TEXT 1 Lawson, Jack W 65127837 Oct 15 2010 4:38:17:583PM - $ 0.00
CRIMINAL PROBABLE CAUSE INITIAL FILING.
10-15-2010 TEXT - 65127838 Oct 15 2010 4:38:17:713PM - $ 0.00
OCIS HAS AUTOMATICALLY ASSIGNED JUDGE HALL, RUSSELL D. TO THIS CASE.
Report Generated by The Oklahoma Court Information System at October 15, 2010 16:38 PM
End of Transmission.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I drive a lifted 4x4 and try to just keep to myself. Living and driving in California taught me alot about defensive driving and other peoples crazy azzed driving. Someone cuts me off,runs in front of me,etcetc, I just smile and wave at em,then speed up and try to stay away from them and get the hell out of their way. No shootin em the middle finger,no cursing,nothin. Because people are ****ing nuts these days. My wife is terrible in traffic. Shes been commuting back and forth from Coweta to Tulsa daily for many years but she does things I would never do. I warn her all the time that shes going to come across a nut some day who doesnt like her driving and shes also too trusting that people arent carrying guns in their cars. Whatever.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are so many things to consider here in this thread. First KFOR, do you know any news organization that reports the whole story? I haven't found one yet. And, he shot a person who had no gun? I don't know I will let you young ones tell me how wrong I am, but this is not justified per the training I have had over the years. Thanks for the time and effort.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are so many things to consider here in this thread. First KFOR, do you know any news organization that reports the whole story? I haven't found one yet. And, he shot a person who had no gun? I don't know I will let you young ones tell me how wrong I am, but this is not justified per the training I have had over the years. Thanks for the time and effort.

all you have to do is, justify that you felt your life was in danger, the other person does not have to have a gun, what about a bat? or something every car has, a tire iron, both can be deadly weapons

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Respectfully,
NO WHERE in the training or anywhere else says only use lethal force if another firearm is involved. Threat to life. A car is a threat, it can kill you allot easier and quicker than a handgun, or any other gun.
If someone comes at you with a tire iron, and you cannot escape, are you going to let them beat you to death while not drawing your weapon? Same as a car. If you cannot flee, shooting is justified.
I am not by any means saying he (they) were right or wrong. I do not know enough about it. I am just saying that the threat is valid, and justified for shooting. Police shoot people all the time for trying to run them over.
Once again, respectfully stated. I am young, but know enough to know I don't know everything, its just my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom