Coburn dinner w/POTUS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sigh!!! OK the short version for those that don't pay attention.

Obama has taken some real hits over the sequester and is looking to save face and find a way out preferably without giving up his desire to raise taxes even more so he asked several lower ranking Repubs to dinner hoping to get some of them to cave on cutting spending instead of raising taxes. Coburn was asked because he is one of the few always wanting to cut wasteful spending.

Wishful thinking, Rick.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting conflicting info on whether he DID vote for him or not....some internet sources (Washington Post, etc) are saying no, but i heard on the radio that he did indeed vote for him. Hmmmmmmmm tricky game

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm getting conflicting info on whether he DID vote for him or not....some internet sources (Washington Post, etc) are saying no, but i heard on the radio that he did indeed vote for him. Hmmmmmmmm tricky game

This is from NewsOK "Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Muskogee, and Jim Inhofe, R-Tulsa, voted against confirming John Brennan as head of the CIA on Thursday. Coburn said he was incorrectly listed by the Senate clerk as voting for Brennan.".

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

From the Senate web site:
Question: On the Nomination (Confirmation John Owen Brennan, of Virginia, to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency )
Coburn (R-OK), Yea

In the official record, he is listed as voting for the confirmation. But, he claims he didn't. Take it for what it's worth.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coburn is a self-loathing
www.hunt101.com_data_500_rino.jpg

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wrote Coburn and told him that instead of dining with the worse President in the history of the United States, he should have been helping Rand Paul with his philibuster!

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, this was all about the next wave of tax hikes. Obama is just getting them onboard. I'm sure it went just fine. They agreed to moan and wail and threaten and cry crocodile tears. Then, after some pre-determined compromise, they'll declare victory and approve the tax increase. It's just like watching a play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom