College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt they’re that good. But Temple is plenty good for the first game and as you said D1 so they help your Bowl eligibility, smart move.

Who ever scheduled SDS for the first game was an idiot and should be canned. No winning that game. They’re capable of beating a lot of D1 schools. So if you lose you got beat by a D2 school and should close your program (Michigan & App State). If you win you padded your schedule with a pud school (something a lot of SEC schools do late in the season and I don’t really blame them).
But with SDS you don’t win either way. Really stupid move.
SDSU is D1, FCS. THey are no push-over either. THeir QB is pretty damn good and could start at a lot of Power 5 schools. Big dude, who can sling the ball and runs very well. I have nothing to back this up other than watching and reading a fair amount but I'd say the top four FCS ranked teams could beat a lot of the Power 5 schools. SDSU, NDSU, Montana State and Montana. And yes, I'd wager they'd all beat Temple.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0723.jpeg

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too early for that poll to matter. And Conferences make a bigger impact on that than schedule. One thing is for sure there’s enough alumni from a couple conferences to keep a bunch of them ranked for a while.

I’m just ready for it to get going. CFB is about my only sports vice anymore. I’ll watch a few CBB games but nothing like football.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too early for that poll to matter. And Conferences make a bigger impact on that than schedule. One thing is for sure there’s enough alumni from a couple conferences to keep a bunch of them ranked for a while.

I’m just ready for it to get going. CFB is about my only sports vice anymore. I’ll watch a few CBB games but nothing like football.
Totally agree.
We love college sports and college football is our favorite. We normally attend two or three away games a season. Really excited to have new SEC stadiums to experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom