Conflicted.... Card #20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any communication will initially have to be, well, standoffish.

There are a lot of options:
Radio contact is easy, but they'd have to have a radio. It's pretty straight forward to establish communication and talk about things from a mile away.
Another option is dead dropped notes and letters, but that requires infiltration of overlapping spheres of control. Historically this would be sent with gifts or tribute. If you suspected someone of hiding in the woods nearby your location you might place an easily seen beacon with a note or sign indicating your intentions and explaining to anyone that finds it how to proceed with the contact ("use this radio channel", "go to this place", "we are looking at you now, put down any weapons and lay down or you will be shot") and you may even leave some food or a blanket to show that you mean no harm but early on this may be used against you so it's not recommended.

I feel like a lot of old time polite traditions would come back quickly. People used to always trade something every time they met someone, or sometimes it was customary to bring gifts to show that you brought value to your new acquaintances.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, you guys tickle me with your "post 12" password ... :P I dunno whether to feel shamed or honored ... :lookaroun Guess it would depend on who I was talking to, huh? :rotflmao:

OK ... I'm a bit of a loner so my answer is probably a given. I'd do my gut-level best to not approach anyone I didn't know ... or interact with anyone who approaches me. I kinda don't trust folks too much ... :lookaroun Even the ones I "know" ... :shocked:

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Feel honored,BB.
The card question is "how would I approach?"

1 recon
2 slow and cautious
3 post 12. Immediately identifies both parties as OSA and raises trust level from 0 to 5.
4 what is handle? Trust issue up (90% chance of good) or down (CYA).

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, you guys tickle me with your "post 12" password ... :P I dunno whether to feel shamed or honored ... :lookaroun Guess it would depend on who I was talking to, huh? :rotflmao:

OK ... I'm a bit of a loner so my answer is probably a given. I'd do my gut-level best to not approach anyone I didn't know ... or interact with anyone who approaches me. I kinda don't trust folks too much ... :lookaroun Even the ones I "know" ... :shocked:

So if you run into a group, and they holler "is this Post 12?", you might not want to say "Post 12 was MINE".
Then again, you might.

Latest posts

Top Bottom