Cougar Killed in Cimmaron County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the cougar killed in Cimmaron County last week. A couple guys from Colorado ran it with hounds and killed it illegally. The pic is of an OK Game Warden holding the cat. How would you like to meet that sucker on a dark trail coming out of your deer stand?
[Broken External Image]

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding of the cat kill is the guys from Colcrado did run the cat but the OKLA. guy shot it and the warden was a ------ about it

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you mean the warden was a ------ about it?

If the cat was not harming anyone and the warden had not approved the kill because the cat was killing off a bunch of livestock then I think the warden should have been a ------!

I would like to know more of the story if anyone has information.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that the Colorado guys ran it and killed it and then gave it to an OK guy in the Panhandle. We'll just have to see how the story unfolds. That is all I have heard.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriuosly. Big cats are something I want but again I don't want. We have livestock and already lose enough to coyotes and feral dogs. Yes coyotes attack baby calves and sick cattle. I think wild dogs do more harm than coyotes but maybe that's just because I've seen it happen with my own eyes more than once. I wouldn't shoot a cougar and I don't think people should UNLESS they are given permission because it's a nuisance or a danger to people.

With that said I would like to know more about the situation but if it turns out it was ILLEGAL, I hope the ones involved, in any way shape or form, get fined the maximum and loss of licenses forever and some other special penalties I have in mind. JMO

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I imagine that Colorado guys doing it across the state line will get some Lacey Act charges that are federal. Time will tell. A guy can sure get caught up in the heat of the chase but they could have walked away from a cornered cat.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
man that's a big cat.... NO way he should have been shot
unless proven a danger to the public. likely that cat tried staying way away from everyone.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don"t know... that warden looks to be enjoying himself way too much to justify what actions he may, or may not, have taken. that picture, to me, is like a cop in riot gear posing for a picture, big grin on his face, with his foot propped up on a guys crumpled up body that he just beat the **** out of. it may have been justified, but you shouldn't enjoy it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don"t know... that warden looks to be enjoying himself way too much to justify what actions he may, or may not, have taken. that picture, to me, is like a cop in riot gear posing for a picture, big grin on his face, with his foot propped up on a guys crumpled up body that he just beat the **** out of. it may have been justified, but you shouldn't enjoy it.

Oh for crying out freakin' loud.

God forbid a game warden enjoy his job, and smile in a picture of a case he just wrapped up.

Maybe you should send your resume to the ODWC? You could train all the wardens how to hate their jobs and never smile. Might be hard, since most of them take the job because they enjoy it. I'm sure you can handle it though, your bitterness is bound to rub off on them.

I honestly can't believe some of the comments in the Hunting & Fishing section of OSA. A game warden smiling while he is holding up a cat after a successful bust is somehow akin to a cop smiling because he just used excessive force on a guy. Unless you forgot to add a big smiley to this post, yours takes the cake as the most ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Top Bottom