Cougar Killed in Cimmaron County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eeeaaasssyyy there. I'm really not bitter, pessimistic, or hard to get along with. Maybe I don't project myself very will in type.
I'm just saying he looks pretty thrilled to be holding an illegal animal. He could have expressed the size just as well on on a tailgate, on a bale of hay, with a rifle laying beside it or whatever. I personally wouldn't want to be in the picture at all, I don't think many ordinary people would either.

UMMM, I disagree.
As has been stated, he made a bust that still has to be decided in a court of law.
We don't know all of the circumstances, the GW does.
I don't know what you do for a living, but if you made a significant pat on the back with your company, you would have a smile on your face too.
GW's do this job because they care for the wildlife of the state, I know several, and all of them hunt/fish as much as we do within the limits of their jobs. It would make me mad as heck if my company didn't let me off for the deer seasons, but the GW in my area has to be on the job.
I ain't sayin I would quit my job for opening day of deer season, but it would be close.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I don't project myself very will in type.

Maybe so, sorry if I mistook what you said. But it sure looked like a negative, nitpicking comment at face value.

I just don't see what point you were trying to make. It came across as seconding the "warden is an a------" comment because the warden was smiling, and that because he enjoys his job and smiles, that means his actions were not justified. They don't take the job to get rich, that's for sure. I kinda expect them to enjoy it.

If he was holding up an unconscious, handcuffed poacher and smiling big, you would have a point. But making a big deal because a warden smiles next to a dead cat is ridiculous. That is common practice that has been going on as long as there have been cameras. I for one like the pictures and stories and find them interesting. Shows our money is being put to good use, busting poachers. That is what I excpect and like to see.

If that picture bothered you, you'll love these stories and pictures.

http://www.okgamewarden.com/magazine.html

There just seems to be this "they're out to get you" attitude about game wardens (especially on The Internet). It's pretty simple, if you have your tags and licenses, and are killing what you are supposed to be killing, they ain't out to get you. In fact, they are there to help.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Lord, the cat weighed nearly 200 lbs. Maybe the game warden strained a little and farted right before the picture was taken, hence the smile. So what if he is smiling, laughing, giving a thumbs up or whatever. He is doing his job. He isn't the "a------", the people that shoot a magnificent creature like that illegally are the assholes.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can bet if a cat crosses my firing line my finger will be on the triggper. I probably wouldn't shoot it, but it better not test my "cat friendlyness".

... In my opinion if a mount lion is with in 50 yards it is a threat to my safety and should be a legal harvest. Although twocan is right its a fake there are not any mount lions or bears in Oklahoma Oh wait we just had a bear season silly me.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he was holding up an unconscious, handcuffed poacher and smiling big, you would have a point.

now that would be picture worthy and HILARIOUS!!! :pms2:

There just seems to be this "they're out to get you" attitude about game wardens (especially on The Internet).

I don't think there out to get me. I have a bigger problem with what seems like the buddy system. the people that take advantage of the system seem to be friends with their local game warden. I have a hard time believing that a GW would site a friend. I've been pulled over by several highway patrols that I went to school with and none have ever written me a ticket. And I wouldn't even say we were friends, more like aquaintances. I knew I was speeding, I knew the consequences, and I did it anyway. I wouldn't have held it against a guy if he wrote me a ticket, but they offered it unsolicited. maybe it's different for a GW, I don't know many, and wouldn't say I'm friends with any of them.

It's not just that game warden picture that bothers me, this one does too. He didn't shoot the deer, find the deer, or catch the guy that shot the deer.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_CarterCountyBuck.jpg

It's kind of like getting your picture taken holding your buddies deer. It's one thing to show off pictures of your buddy and his deer, completely another to show off a picture of you holding your buddies deer.
Maybe I'm just less vain than the average Joe. But it has become abundantly clear that I am in the minority on this issue. To each his own I guess.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quoting from above:

"I don't think there out to get me. I have a bigger problem with what seems like the buddy system. the people that take advantage of the system seem to be friends with their local game warden. I have a hard time believing that a GW would site a friend. I've been pulled over by several highway patrols that I went to school with and none have ever written me a ticket. And I wouldn't even say we were friends, more like aquaintances. "

I do not have a dog in this fight but I gotta bust that myth.

I am friends with two game wardens and I know with out a doubt that either one of them would throw me in jail in a heartbeat. I only know the two so I can not speak for all of them but those two would put their own grandma's in jail. Good guys and I respect the heck out them and watch myself and the people I am with so they are never put in that situation.

As far as the pics go, I use the same dumb smile in every picture that gets taken of me just like those guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom