Criminal intentions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor just called and found this stuck to her gate. I mowed my yard yesterday and it was not there. So it was placed last night or this morning. It was facing my house. I am not in possession of it and this is the only photo I have right now
1000002539.jpg

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My neighbor just called and found this stuck to her gate. I mowed my yard yesterday and it was not there. So it was placed last night or this morning. It was facing my house. I am not in possession of it and this is the only photo I have right nowView attachment 504012
A tank monitor? Could someone have found it in the road and presumed it belonged to your neighbor?

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Possible but the placement is odd it's next to their shop and mine and 60 feet from her door and 100 foot from mine.
And are drive ways are kind of long and just open fields on the other side of the roads.
A tank monitor? Could someone have found it in the road and presumed it belonged to your neighbor?

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work in oil and gas, but am not sure about if it can only read scada data or if it can be used to accept other rf. Idk it's still weird though.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you still really haven't answered the question but I'm assuming it's a tank monitor. What kind of tank? Like a propane tank? Is it connected to a power source? If not, I'm guessing someone found it, assumed it maybe belonged to you or your neighbor, and placed it there to be found.

It's unusual, but it doesn't seem like there's anything sinister going on.

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I know it was not connected to anything. The ones we have on oil tanks take batteries and can use solar. I have not got a look at it yet. My mind went right to the fact we have new cars and it could of been used to gather rf signals and just used the enclosure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom