1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Daunte Wright Shooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OKCHunter, Apr 12, 2021.

1. magna19

magna19 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If im in that situation Ill stick to arguing policy with a police officer after being handcuffed and took to jail.

2. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Bates was an arrogant dumbass and a blight on the reserve program. Most knew to avoid him like the plague, but he had hard ties to the old administration, so some of the full time guys couldn't avoid him entirely. He literally killed the TCSO reserve program single handedly. :(

3. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'd say in 98% of cases, the root cause of the incident is a failure to cooperate. In the other 2%, it's exactly as you say. Let's not forget when Mesa, AZ police murdered Daniel Shaver in cold blood while he desperately tried to cooperate and follow their ridiculous commands. No one should ever have to play "Simon Says" with three police officers pointing guns at you as you're crawling on the floor at their command.

And what happened in that case? Not only did the murderer not get indicted, he got a lifetime PENSION for "PTSD" brought on by killing that poor bastard. :censored:

4. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    100% --- I mentioned him in a different part of the thread I think. Watching the video it's 100% crystal clear he attempted to comply as soon as he knew what he was dealing with and was executed.

Another interesting thing I thought about this morning was that in so many threads Ashley Babbit gets talked about as being murdered, and yet no one says she should have just complied. Lots of crazy stuff.

Glocktogo likes this.
  5. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    As stated above, those two dumbasses tried to play "Simon Says" with Lt. Nazario and he saw he was in immediate danger, so he didn't play along. That entire contact was a TO's nightmare. :(

6. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    yeah, I've been away and I'm trying to catch up. Might have to combine these responses. Thanks for the input! :)

7. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Good thing it wasn't the ATF responding! LOL

TedKennedy likes this.
  8. Rez Exelon

Rez Exelon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's sad you have to include this point, but dang if Google isn't full of example of this. Saw a repost of a thread earlier today in fact from one of the times that someone shot themselves instead of the "viscous attacking dog".

Your authority quote reminded me of this gem which I think is pretty true. Originally I had it saved because it summarizes me mom pretty well but it's just as applicable in scope for LEO's I think.
    respect.jpg

TedKennedy, chuter and Glocktogo like this.
  9. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    For starters, she was ON DUTY to provide potentially lifesaving care. This isn't the 1st time cops have played the "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!" card when dealing with medical personnel (a high profile incident between an OHP trooper and EMS driver comes to mind). At the scene isn't the time to have a pissing contest with other emergency service personnel. That's for Police Chiefs, Fire Chiefs and Medical Directors to work out. IF the fire or medical provider committed a crime, then an affidavit can be sworn and an arrest warrant issued after the fact.

Simply put, those officers lost their professionalism and their tempers. They don't have any business working the street.

Yep, he was fired for his complete lack of professionalism and the taxpayers shelled out $500K in a completely avoidable incident. If you were the taxpayer, would you still defend that asshat?

TedKennedy likes this.
  10. jakeman

jakeman Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

Good. He should have served a little time for assault and false arrest. Bald headed, badge heavy bastard.

Glocktogo likes this.