Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
way to go! congrats on the buck and doe. i just couldn't make myself go sit in 93 degree wind yesterday eve. can't wait to go out tonight though. new stand and a north wind is what i need anyway

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow r00s7a, congrats man! I'm also curious as to the spread.....he's reaching.

Thanks man! 24 1/2" on inside spread, just shy of that on tip to tip. His spread actually hurt me on the score a couple of inches, because it was more than the length of his main beams, so on the spread credit I had to use the length of his longest main beam. I did not get to use any of his spread measurements in scoring, dangit. Unofficial gross score was 152 1/8.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's crazy! Over 2 feet of spread that doesn't count and it still scores over 150". Wow. Great deer with an impressive rack no matter the score.

What he means is spread of 24" and longest main beam is only 22" then 22" is all that you can use for spread credit.

Roos7a awesome buck! I was guessing low 150s. That dang short G2 hurts a bit too. But that is definitely a great buck! Especially when only 18 deer still in your county last count. (Inside joke)

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
r00s7a Isn't this the buck you posted a picture of that he was a ghost in the background? again congrats absolute great buck

Yup, that was the ghost in the shadows I was after. I pulled all my cams today and opening day was the first time he got in front of the camera in the daylight. I lucked out and happened to be there. If he would have waited another two minutes to come out, all he would have seen was me walking away from my stand to the truck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom