Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacque1282

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Opening weekend success again! I went out for the annual gun season harvest with my dad. Been going with him for 20 years now and still love it. We have been on a lease in Dacoma for the last 6 years and it's been a great place every year. Saturday was a bust. The fog was THICK and our visibility where we were at was only about 50 yards. We saw one doe. The afternoon was clearer but windy as all hell. Sunday morning, we got to our stand about an hour before sunrise and could see shapes around our food plot. It was still dark enough we couldn't see what we were looking at, but as it got lighter, we could see this guy standing there with a lady friend. He wandered off 10 minutes before legal shooting time following her into some CRP. I thought he was a goner. But, right at sunrise, does started popping up out of the CRP. About 4 minutes after they started showing up, Bucky popped right back up from where he had bedded down with the first doe and followed the others right to the food plot. It was only about a 40 yard shot, he ran about 100 yards, jumped a fence, and died right on the other side. I apologize for not having better pictures. The "close up" is what you get when someone doesn't know how to focus your phone, but he is my biggest to date. 11 points, and topped our 200 lb. scale out dressed. I am a happy girl. Apparently being 5 months pregnant was a good luck charm.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on the buck jacque! JJT4, whole lot a people seen the same thing you guys did this weekend, or not much more. I had the least deer movement on cams on Saturday/Sunday per day, than each day the previous two weeks.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup Congrats everybody!!!!

Ends up, with all the rain, i won't be able to get to my new spot till probably Thursday Morning. Went Sunday morning and couldn't get to the stand areas for the mud and swamp. So i'll let it dry up a bit and then hit it. The joys of learning a new hunting area...LOL : )

I'll be putting some additional stands and blinds up in some other places around the property after the season is over so this won't happen again in the future. I got this site so late in the game this year that i haven't had time to plan and scout much this season. Got some decent deer showing up tho, so it's real promising.

I figure the lack of pressure in my area will be good in the long run...so it's all good. Great to see you guys getting some venison tho!!! : )

Be safe everyone!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom