Ditching Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it weren't for the wife's love of the Thunder (note I didn't say basketball), I would have pulled the plug long ago. Our tv gets Netflix, Hulu and some other cool stuff. I could have some really cool toys...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bumping the thread to provide some information for the sports fans.

Dish now has a seperate streaming TV service called Sling Tv.

For $20 a month you can stream these channels

ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, Food, HGTV, Travel, Disney, Cartoon Network, ABC Family, CNN, Go Television

For an additional $5 you can add

ESPNU, SEC Network, ESPN News, Bases Loaded, ESPN Buzzer Beater, Goal Line, beinHDsport, Universal sports.

So if the need for ESPN is what's keeping you tied to the cable company you now have an alternative option.

It's a monthly fee with no contracts. You can cancel at any time.
I'm thinking I will add it during football season for the games on ESPN and cancel after football ends.

Ok you've got me..... how do I get AMC?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We cut the Cox Cable cord too, bought and hooked up antennas recommended by one of the Geek Dudes at Best Buy and can't get KOCO Channel 5! WTF? Everything else comes in nice and clear, and combined with an Amazon Firestick and a Roku, we have plenty to watch...but no Channel 5. Anybody know what the deal is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom