Do you care?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that "Sequestration" was proposed by Obumbo and he even stated that he would veto the bill considered at that time if it didn't have sequestration within it. Now, he and the Democratic Party leaders are trying to back-peddle away from this and blame it on the Republicans.

For the benefit of some that may not know this, the Democratic Party controlled Congress many years ago proposed and passed what is called "Baseline Budgeting." That is in effect an automatic 10% increase in every agency's budget each and every year with no questions asked. Then, if they only increased their spending by 5%, they called it a cut in spending. When the Republicans gained the majority in the 90's, they did away with Baseline Budgeting. Then, the Dems brought it back when they had both the House and Senate after the 2006 elections.

What they are wanting to cut is miniscule compared to what they will actually spend. However, the politicians are exceptionally good at "crying wolf" for every supposed crisis. Anything to gain the support of the idiots in the populace.

Sorry. Didn't really mean to rant, but it really needs to be explained about baseline budgeting.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, No, there's no serious cuts in the right places. All the politicians are screaming for no real reason other than to blame the other side and protect their sacred cows and they are all playing the panic card. This is a joke..... A bad one. We actually need more cuts In addition to less spending. They REALY just don't get it.
From what I gather its 44 billion that won't be spent. Just a cut in baseline spending. Not actual cuts OR actual reductions. We're still going to spend MORE than last year. Give me a break!

I'm sorry for those who do get effected but you can blame it on the idiots in office and that's part of the territory when being on the gub'ment payroll. (Plus you can easily be used as political pawns like the other side uses granny and her medicare benefits) its sickening. Keep voting, we gotta fix this.

This, and while I feel sorry for those it would hurt, it is probably the only way to get them started in the right direction.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't cut anything, it just limits the rate of growth in spending.

Oh! Well that makes me feel much better about having to drain my savings to pay the bills!

I'm biased obviously, but seriously, defense is the only thing that is constitutionally THE GOVERNMENT'S DAMN JOB! If you're going to cut anything, cut all the other BS that isn't the government's job.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's really going to hurt alot of peoples finances!!

I can empathise with that. However, continuing to increase needless spendinh is hurting everyone's finances. Not just fed employees.

Nobody seems to give a crap when I have to work an extra day for free to cover the increases in my tax bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to bash those that will get hurt by the sequestration but are these same people that will be furloughed once a month or whatever it is; aren't they normally a federal or state employee? If so, why complain when you already have the best pension and benefits our money can buy you? Someone on here said they will lose 20% of their pay for 6 months? How so?

Yellow109r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to bash those that will get hurt by the sequestration but are these same people that will be furloughed once a month or whatever it is; aren't they normally a federal or state employee? If so, why complain when you already have the best pension and benefits our money can buy you? Someone on here said they will lose 20% of their pay for 6 months? How so?

We have the worst benefits
Obama care and all
Like I said if ur not on this side of the fence don't try to talk about something u fully don't understand if everyone would try to find the truth then this would be a lot better
But I get to see things from a different POV everyday and there is a lot of things people don't understand

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get furloughed when it does. It will cut my pay by 20%. Wonder if entitlement payments will get the same cut...

In past goverment furloughs, they all recieved back pay. Can't say in your situation.

The Officials in charge of the Banghazi incident were 4 Americans were killed are still on the payroll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom