Educated a cop about transporting a firearm in a vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"open" means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.

Since a firearm can't be in two places at once I'm thinking all of those are considered "open" and the commas should be read as "or".

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Since when is "logic" employed in law enforcement?

And what, pray tell, do you mean by this comment?

Apparently "logic," is not used by people who live in "Out in the the sticks, OK". Why, you say? Because we have a rule here about broad bashing of law enforcement, and that's what you did. Consider this your only warning.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar situation on the way from duck spot #1 to duck spot #2 last year... Stopped for rolling a stop sign, dressed head to toe in camo probably wearing face paint, shotgun with action open sitting on passenger seat with 3 shells sitting on the seat.

I wasn't sure what to expect when he walked up, and I didn't want to start grabbing at stuff on the passenger seat. Ended up getting a warning, and he didn't say anything about the gun. Hurray, now I know I can do that :rtfm:

Latest posts

Top Bottom