Educated a cop about transporting a firearm in a vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im confused, Why exactly wouldnt a firearm sitting in the passenger seat constitute "OPEN IN PLAIN VIEW"?? That seems pretty dang open to me.
The statute clealy defines open as in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack, in any exterior locked compartment.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jhat, now you are just being stubborn... in a comma-connected string of elements in which the last two elements are joined by "or," any Court would construe the law as having an "or" in between each element. Trust me, I slept in a Holiday Inn last night, and I'm a lawyer who does this **** every day for a living.

I have seen many instances of a logic deficiency in both the writing and the enforcement of laws (and even more so in the breaking of laws, lol)... I wouldn't call it "bashing" to point any of those facts out. Fortunately that's not how things went down in this situation.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The statute clealy defines open as in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack, in any exterior locked compartment.

Rrrrrriiiiigggghhhhhttttt. Well since you're high speed law reading whizzo Ill take youre words as gold. I'm gonna rig up my pelican case to my gun rack and then throw that **** in my plexiglass truck. And I'll make sure to wear a road guard vest just in case **** pops off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom