Educated a cop about transporting a firearm in a vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurplers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
so lets say i transported my pistol like this guy did. if i was getting car jacked or mauled by a freaking bear or something to that effect, could i than load up the gun and use it to defend myself without a CCL?

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"open" means the firearm is transported in plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.

Since a firearm can't be in two places at once I'm thinking all of those are considered "open" and the commas should be read as "or".

As my 36 yr English Major/Teacher (Mom) would drill into my head, when a comma is used to combine a group(s), it can be used as either and/or. The specific wording will dictate which one.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so lets say i transported my pistol like this guy did. if i was getting car jacked or mauled by a freaking bear or something to that effect, could i than load up the gun and use it to defend myself without a CCL?

One would assume since your life is endanger that it would be clobbering time.:hey3:

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The laws on justified use of deadly force are totally separate from the laws governing carry or transport of a firearm. A good shoot is still a good shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom