Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kmarcm

.... There's a 'squatch in these woods....

lol funniest thing ever. i love the calls too. who the **** came up with this ****. honestly its the most lucrative thing i have seen in a while...
you can do that show till the end of time as long as you don't find him (squatchy) and make millions.. Ingenious if ya ask me

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched it for the first time tonight after seeing this thread. This is the first time I've heard the term "butt puckered" used in an attempt at a scientific diagnosis.

O

OzzieBlue

I think that is the evidence right there...

Lack of evidence is not definitive proof. If it were, the search for the Higgs bosun would have stopped long ago. They have spent billions of dollars and had hundreds of top scientists searching for proof of the Higgs for decades...and still no evidence. Does that mean it doesn't exist?

I'm always fascinated by peoples belief that what we know today is about all there is to know. The world is filled with mysteries and things we don't understand. Believing in the impossible has led to so many scientific advances, and yet we still ridicule and scoff at anything we can't show definitive scientific proof for.

I am quite skeptical about the existence of Bigfoot. And the show seems to be just a bunch of melodramatic theater intended to sell advertising...but I refuse to be misled into believing that just because there is no scientific proof, it must not exist. Remember, Galileo was persecuted for his discoveries because conventional wisdom at the time was that he must be wrong.

I, for one, choose to keep an open mind. I want to always be open to the possibilities...no telling what I might discover!!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lack of evidence is not definitive proof. If it were, the search for the Higgs bosun would have stopped long ago. They have spent billions of dollars and had hundreds of top scientists searching for proof of the Higgs for decades...and still no evidence. Does that mean it doesn't exist?

I'm always fascinated by peoples belief that what we know today is about all there is to know. The world is filled with mysteries and things we don't understand. Believing in the impossible has led to so many scientific advances, and yet we still ridicule and scoff at anything we can't show definitive scientific proof for.

I am quite skeptical about the existence of Bigfoot. And the show seems to be just a bunch of melodramatic theater intended to sell advertising...but I refuse to be misled into believing that just because there is no scientific proof, it must not exist. Remember, Galileo was persecuted for his discoveries because conventional wisdom at the time was that he must be wrong.

I, for one, choose to keep an open mind. I want to always be open to the possibilities...no telling what I might discover!!

The differences are stark between really smart people involved in educated hypothetical particle physics and searching for a large animal living amongst us that has somehow gone undetected with current technology.

I have an open mind. As soon as they have ANY scrap of physical evidence, I'll consider it further.

O

OzzieBlue

The differences are stark between really smart people involved in educated hypothetical particle physics and searching for a large animal living amongst us that has somehow gone undetected with current technology..

While I understand (and don't necessarily disagree with) your point, I also recognize that the "stark difference" is not as stark as many would like to believe. Case in point, in 1989 Marty Fleischmann and Stanley Pons published their original paper on "cold fusion". Conventional wisdom at the time said that it was impossible and because it was difficult to reproduce their results, they were ridiculed mercilessly and their careers were destroyed. Now, we are finding that they were correct in their hypothesis and did, in fact, demonstrate cold fusion.

Even "really smart people involved in educated hypothetical particle physics" can be mislead by their preconceived notions and beliefs. I guess my point was that even though we should be skeptical of what is unproven, we should also strive to not be limited by our beliefs. I try to remember that anything is possible, although not necessarily probably.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I understand (and don't necessarily disagree with) your point, I also recognize that the "stark difference" is not as stark as many would like to believe. Case in point, in 1989 Marty Fleischmann and Stanley Pons published their original paper on "cold fusion". Conventional wisdom at the time said that it was impossible and because it was difficult to reproduce their results, they were ridiculed mercilessly and their careers were destroyed. Now, we are finding that they were correct in their hypothesis and did, in fact, demonstrate cold fusion.

Even "really smart people involved in educated hypothetical particle physics" can be mislead by their preconceived notions and beliefs. I guess my point was that even though we should be skeptical of what is unproven, we should also strive to not be limited by our beliefs. I try to remember that anything is possible, although not necessarily probably.

Point taken and I don't disagree with the concept you've outlined.

To my knowledge, in the last 40 years or so that the Bigfoot phenomenon has been in the limelight, there is still absolutely not one single tiny shred of physical evidence. No hair, no poop, no skeletons, no dead bodies, nothing... nada. That to me seems impossible for something that is real. It's not like people have to search blind in the depths of all the oceans for Bigfoot... he's supposedly right in our backyards and should be easily tracked and/or seen with FLIR.

O

OzzieBlue

To my knowledge, in the last 40 years or so that the Bigfoot phenomenon has been in the limelight, there is still absolutely not one single tiny shred of physical evidence. No hair, no poop, no skeletons, no dead bodies, nothing... nada. That to me seems impossible for something that is real. It's not like people have to search blind in the depths of all the oceans for Bigfoot... he's supposedly right in our backyards and should be easily tracked and/or seen with FLIR.

I agree that the "probability" that Bigfoot exists is VERY low. But then, the coelacanth was extinct for millions of years...until it wasn't.

Also, I would like to thank you. It is rare that I can engage in an intelligent discussion in an online forum without it devolving into a flame war (which I refuse to participate in). It's been a pleasure "chatting" with you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom