Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that the "probability" that Bigfoot exists is VERY low. But then, the coelacanth was extinct for millions of years...until it wasn't.

True, but that's kinda what I meant by us not needing to search the depths of the ocean for bigfeets. They are literally supposed to be right here living next door in our woods.

How long do we have to go without having any physical evidence (or even any decent video/photographic proof) before we declare bigfoot to be just unexplainable sounds, other animals, vivid imagination, folklore or myth? It's been a while already, does it take 100 years without finding any evidence?

Also, I would like to thank you. It is rare that I can engage in an intelligent discussion in an online forum without it devolving into a flame war (which I refuse to participate in). It's been a pleasure "chatting" with you!

Ditto. OSA is actually much better than some places I've frequented. We have ALOT of discussions here about volitile subjects and for the most part people are respectful... especially when you consider how many of us here fit the type A, gun toting, highly opinionated and not afraid to speak our mind profile.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, rats! I didn't know you people were gonna get serious. That ain't no fun.

Anyway, all my earlier comments had nothing to do with whether or not I believe in big-foot. Rather, I get disgusted with the turkeys who present their "evidence" for big-foot, ancient aliens and whatever in such a non-scientific manner. I think their day jobs are as "truthers".

Back to the subject of big-foot (seriously). I still have people tell me there are no cougars in Oklahoma (black or otherwise). When I hear about someone who "saw" big-foot, I assume one of two things. First, he's a hoaxer; there are certainly enough of those around. Second, he did see something and he really thinks it was big-foot. I can't argue with him other than to say he can't prove it. On the other hand, I can't prove I saw a cougar 3 years ago just down the road from here.

My problem with big-foot is that after all these years, no one has shot one. You would think that, with all the Indians, Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, and a kazillion hunters, someone would have nailed one by now. No one has even found a dead one, or it's bones, in the woods (maybe they bury their own).

I'll believe it when I see it, I guess.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, rats! I didn't know you people were gonna get serious. That ain't no fun.

Anyway, all my earlier comments had nothing to do with whether or not I believe in big-foot. Rather, I get disgusted with the turkeys who present their "evidence" for big-foot, ancient aliens and whatever in such a non-scientific manner. I think their day jobs are as "truthers".

Back to the subject of big-foot (seriously). I still have people tell me there are no cougars in Oklahoma (black or otherwise). When I hear about someone who "saw" big-foot, I assume one of two things. First, he's a hoaxer; there are certainly enough of those around. Second, he did see something and he really thinks it was big-foot. I can't argue with him other than to say he can't prove it. On the other hand, I can't prove I saw a cougar 3 years ago just down the road from here.

My problem with big-foot is that after all these years, no one has shot one. You would think that, with all the Indians, Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, and a kazillion hunters, someone would have nailed one by now. No one has even found a dead one, or it's bones, in the woods (maybe they bury their own).

I'll believe it when I see it, I guess.

Good point Ronny, I don't mean to belittle those who legitimately claim to have had a bigfoot encounter. I'm sure whatever happened, they honestly believe in what they saw and who am I to discredit that? I'll bet though, that despite their belief, they still have no physical evidence and with as many sightings are there are claimed, again you'd think we'd have something more than just stories.

Cougars in Oklahoma on the other hand, have undisputable video, photographs and capture to back them up.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the other hand ----! No! I'm not gonna go there.

Now, back to raggin' on the TV guys. Don't you just love it when they shine a bright light in the woods and some critter stares back with shiny eyes and they say something like "man, did you see those eyes shine?"

Or, they go out in the woods with all kinds of powerful lights and wonder why big-foot doesn't come around.

Somebody start a thread on bad sci-fi shows. They're even worse than big-foot.

Uh oh! I'll be back in a minute. I'm gonna go see what that noise was down by the well-house. Boy, I wish my camera was working.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the other hand ----! No! I'm not gonna go there.

Now, back to raggin' on the TV guys. Don't you just love it when they shine a bright light in the woods and some critter stares back with shiny eyes and they say something like "man, did you see those eyes shine?"

Or, they go out in the woods with all kinds of powerful lights and wonder why big-foot doesn't come around.

Somebody start a thread on bad sci-fi shows. They're even worse than big-foot.

Uh oh! I'll be back in a minute. I'm gonna go see what that noise was down by the well-house. Boy, I wish my camera was working.

Ya the TV guys are something else... I love the bouncing camera and quick panning work. Nothing says authenticity like out of focus dropped cameras lol.

It'd be funny to find out where these guys are filming and go out in the woods and scare the bejesus out of them for real.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! That made me remember when I was a little kid and got to go on my first coon hunt. Those old (actually, they were in their 40's) bastuds had me convinced that a black panther was just beyond the range of that campfire. One of them sneaked out of sight and let out a blood-curdling panther scream. I may have soiled myself. But I never let them know.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fact: If I get wind that these guys are filming in my neck of the woods, this man is buying a gorilla suit and I will get "squatch" hunters on video pooping thier pants.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL! That made me remember when I was a little kid and got to go on my first coon hunt. Those old (actually, they were in their 40's) bastuds had me convinced that a black panther was just beyond the range of that campfire. One of them sneaked out of sight and let out a blood-curdling panther scream. I may have soiled myself. But I never let them know.

I know the feeling. It's' some kind of rite of passage when you're a kid to have your uncles and buddies of your dad play games on you like that. Builds character... :)

Fact: If I get wind that these guys are filming in my neck of the woods, this man is buying a gorilla suit and I will get "squatch" hunters on video pooping thier pants.

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! I might be a little worried that someone might have a rifle hoping to bag them some bigfeet though :yikes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom