First sooner state pawn and sooner guns and gold experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I made the drive to ssp on the south side today to check out an ar 15 they had. I was going to trade my century arms c39 in. When I called i spoke to a guy named Ron whom I asked if they still had the dpms ar in stock. He said yes and I told him I was coming from Shawnee and it would take me about 45 minutes. When I arrived I went in an looked around. I didn't see the rifle so I thought that it had already sold. When he was done helping a customer I told him that I was the guy from Shawnee and he said OK and he said just a minute and then went in the back. He came back with the rifle in hand. Thought that was nice of him to put it back even though I didn't ask him to. I told them I wanted to trade my c39 in and they asked how much i wanted and I said I would like to get enough to buy the rifle if possible. We ended up making a great deal. They even bought my ammo for a very nice price. The overall experience was great. I will definitely be back. Easy and fair transaction. I have never been to a pawn shop that didn't screw me. And they didn't. Very happy. The rifle is a dpms oracle with a custom rail, hogue pistol grip, extended slide, extended magpul bolt release, magpul stock and a vertical grip. I then went to sooner guns and gold to trade my wife's Walther pk.380 in for a bersa thunder. I ended up getting another great deal there. And that new place is very nice. Really clean and we'll setup. Had some really nice firearms. I just wanted to get on here and let others know of the experience I had and how I am very happy with it. I still can't believe that I got that good of a deal on both firearms. Also wanted to say Ron did a great job. Customer for life. Here are pictures of both guns: 20140506_154113.jpg 20140506_160801.jpg

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah that was my experience too when I did the same. I went in to the South Side to buy a Nagant and the service was great. I then went to Sooner Guns and Gold to get the Russian SKS they had. Both were phenomenal experiences and I've made it a point to go back to them for anything gun-related.

I have plans to go back to the Norman store to pick up another 2 Nagants (1 Hex and 1 more Round) just to round out my collection and have one to just fool around with. The Nagant I have has a great bolt and I'd like a project gun to work on other than my upcoming AR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom