Florida school shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump seems to be easily influenced. I don't think he has a real understanding of the issues surrounding gun ownership and the second amendment. I don't know if he really cares.
Hopefully someone from our side will get his attention and explain things to him.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw an article stating that Trump is open to changing our background check system. He is suooosed to be working with the idiots that are behind the “fix NICS “ bs. We are gonna end up really getting screwed if that bill passes. That bill effectively removes due process for us. If they decide to put you or I on the no gun list, we have no say in it. It will then be up to us to go to court and fight to get our rights back. I don’t think people realize just how serious that bill is. And with how trump is probably buddy buddy with the NRA heads, guarantee he will sign it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump seems to be easily influenced. I don't think he has a real understanding of the issues surrounding gun ownership and the second amendment. I don't know if he really cares.
Hopefully someone from our side will get his attention and explain things to him.
I have said this in the past that I don’t think we have enough truly pro 2A people in our government to be able to do anything. Fix NICS is gonna be passed and signed I guarantee it. And that is just the first of many changes that are gonna come. I don’t know when it’s gonna happen but it’s gonna happen. We are either gonna have to fight for our God given rights or they will cease to exist. The left is always on the offensive while we as a gun community are complacent and think that nothing is gonna happen. And the sad part is that even in the gun community we are divided. There are some that don’t even support the right to own an AR15 or AK. Or some that think suppressors are bad. We are in the fight of our lives right now. And every time one of these shootings happens the left gets more momentum. Just because no new laws get passed does not mean they are losing. And with the NRA continually supporting more restrictions we can’t count on them. And when the crooked government passed more worthless laws nothing will change yet they will pat themselves on the back like they have done something meaningful.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I honestly don't think anything will happen, unless it's by executive order. At most I see the legal age for a long gun purchase to rise to 21yo. Congress will do little to nothing. The Dems could have done something years ago when they had the super majority and Obama at the helm......and still nothing. The Florida teens that are being vocal, I'm proud of them for speaking up, but the entitlement attitude and making demands of lawmakers and Trump are childish, because that's what they are. Yes they've seen a lot, experienced a lot, but emotions and adrenaline are leading the charge still, not to make light of that, but that's the reality of it. IMO after a few weeks go by, Spring Break occurs, and March 24th comes around, the student March on Washington will have lost some steam, and we'll look back on it like we do the Women's March last January. David Hogg, Cameron Kasky, and Emma Gonzalaz.........they remind me of young Bill and Hillary, and a young Barak in old video clips.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The H.R.367 - Hearing Protection Act of 2017 is probably never going to see the light of day again. I’d bet there’ll definitely be an overhaul to the NICS system too. We’ll be lucky to get out of this without another AWB, "I really hope we can". I clearly remember being happy to find 92FS mags for $75 during the 1994-2004 ban. That really sucked! I even had a crappy cast aluminum DPMS AR that I was truly glad to have because it was “pre-ban”, you can buy a forged lower today for $39 at FBT and my new Colt LE6920 cost me way less than that cast POS did back then. People have no idea how dark it can get and just how fast. As refund and bonus seasons loom I would NOT be buying optics or items that will not be threatened, those can be had later. Imported items can dry up too by order and without a vote so don’t forget that. Things nobody even cared about became very valuable like pre-ban Ruger 10/22 mags and the rifles themselves. Glock and GI AR mags were always easy to find but Lord help you if you were trying to find something like an HK USP-9 or Sig P226 mag. Ouch! I wouldn’t be trying to figure out how to turn a profit on something that likely won’t happen but I am certainly asking myself what I might regret not getting for me or mine while I still can.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Panic buying is already showing it's ugly head. I know people that were not worried the last time buying ARs. The price gouging will probably start soon if it has not already.

EIDT: I just checked SGammo and orders are picking up.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rush said it right, spoke the truth, and didn't hem and haw. We need concealed carry in our schools - and everywhere else! We won't get it, however. The left needs us to be disarmed in order to subjugate us. The Left will eventually become impatient and just like the Bolsheviks, the Left in this country will eventually cause a civil war. It'll be a tough one for the left, though. All their goody-goody-two-shoes who would join them have probably given up their arms. Hence, they are in a panic to convince the rest of us to give them up and/or make them illegal. What those idiots don't know is that we will never give them up without a fight.

Woody

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly don't think anything will happen, unless it's by executive order. At most I see the legal age for a long gun purchase to rise to 21yo. Congress will do little to nothing. The Dems could have done something years ago when they had the super majority and Obama at the helm......and still nothing. The Florida teens that are being vocal, I'm proud of them for speaking up, but the entitlement attitude and making demands of lawmakers and Trump are childish, because that's what they are. Yes they've seen a lot, experienced a lot, but emotions and adrenaline are leading the charge still, not to make light of that, but that's the reality of it. IMO after a few weeks go by, Spring Break occurs, and March 24th comes around, the student March on Washington will have lost some steam, and we'll look back on it like we do the Women's March last January. David Hogg, Cameron Kasky, and Emma Gonzalaz.........they remind me of young Bill and Hillary, and a young Barak in old video clips.
I understand your thoughts on this but it is what the Dems want. For us to sit around saying nothing will happen. Or little will. They don’t care if it’s a millimeter they gain they will continue until they have reached the end zone. Will we just sit here while the government takes and takes from us? When will it be enough for us to say Forget it? Another awb, NICS overhaul, magazine ban, etc. ? If the 2A isn’t worth fighting for even to death then we might as well just turn our guns in and give up. Great men and women have died so we have the freedoms we do. And I’ll be darned if I will just sit here saying nothing will happen and do nothing. Get in the fight guys!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand your thoughts on this but it is what the Dems want. For us to sit around saying nothing will happen. Or little will. They don’t care if it’s a millimeter they gain they will continue until they have reached the end zone. Will we just sit here while the government takes and takes from us? When will it be enough for us to say Forget it? Another awb, NICS overhaul, magazine ban, etc. ? If the 2A isn’t worth fighting for even to death then we might as well just turn our guns in and give up. Great men and women have died so we have the freedoms we do. And I’ll be darned if I will just sit here saying nothing will happen and do nothing. Get in the fight guys!!
Sure about that?
Its an election year. The dims don't want republicans to pass anything that they think they might pass if they gain a majority in the house or senate. It would be the same as a defeat for them.
I personally don't see anything that will happen. Basically nothing has happened after every mass shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom