Good Ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come to find out, it's pretty well documented by social media that while the show presented two Rivians and two electric harleys making the trip, it was two Rivians, four electric harleys, two sprinter vans, and two f-350's hauling 3-phase diesel generators.
I don't buy it. Next thing you'll be telling me that Bear Grylls stays in hotels and pro rasslin' is fakestaged...

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had a problem with any harley folks. I was always the black sheep with the Honda though. Was the butt of their harley only conversations. lol. :D
Speaking of that, the guys I rode with on occasion were Satan's Angels. Black Harley riders out of Kansas City. The president of the group was my next door neighbor in an apartment complex. Heavyweight golden gloves Army champ, and a bull rider in black rodeos. Huge man.
I was the token white boy and they never let me forget it. Gotta love the 70's.

Never had a 'problem' with the Harley folks, either. In fact, a buddy and I rode to Sturgis back in the mid '80's. He was on a Kawasaki and I was on my Gold Wing. Zero issues and a great time! Ya just can't show any fear.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched Long Way Up a while back. The two brits that made motorsickle overlanding popular in Long Way Round decided to ride electric Harleys from Argentina to LA. Rivian got involved, they supposedly put chargers everywhere along the route and gave them two ev chase trucks, it seemed like an impossible task. Especially since the livewire bikes only have a maximum 130-mile range.

By the time they hit columbia, things weren't adding up. One bike suffered a software problem, HD flew to Costa Rica to fix it. Back on the road, while the same color, it was obvious he was riding a different bike, but they insisted HD fixed the original.

Come to find out, it's pretty well documented by social media that while the show presented two Rivians and two electric harleys making the trip, it was two Rivians, four electric harleys, two sprinter vans, and two f-350's hauling 3-phase diesel generators.
That sounds more like the truth.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not relative to HD, but I think the idea of an electric motorcycle is great. I can imagine a ride on a nice calm, sunny day to be that much more relaxing with almost no noise except the wind. Of course I think it needs to be able to recharge to 80% or so in 10-15 minutes, and there needs to be a much more robust charging network. It would be cool to see charging stations at restaurants where you could get 100% in the span of a half hour meal.

"I'll have what he's having" :sunbath:

Back on track a bit, I hope everyone goes electric. It comes from somewhere, I'll drop a hint, it ain't solar or wind.

"Ooh! I know! I know! OG&E". :teach:

No way my wife would go for that nonsense (nor would I want her too) The best thing about her is that she doesn't need me for a darn thing. as odd as it sounds she WANTS to be with me!

Gasp! :bowdown:
SOOOH???? now i can ride my dewalt to sturgis?

If I can ride my Mini Bike.

mini bike.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom