Have you lost interest in guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too am sorta disenchanted with firearms lately. Part of it is because of fashion. What's popular one minute isn't the next. Seems like the market is flooded right now with the latest and greatest 9mm.

I can remember shortly after the Miami shootout, the 9mm cartridge was hated by damn near everyone, myself included. Nowadays you see die-hard .45 guys like Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn shooting 9mm. WTF? :ugh2:

But getting back on track...

After 35+ years of carrying a gun whenever I'm vertical, it has become more of a burden and hassle to me lately. Nothing new down the pike has really caught my attention and with today's technology, seems like all handgun rounds are created equal. So nowadays, I carry damn near the smallest pistol I can, because as I age, ounces become pounds and yeah, it's lost it's luster with me. :disappoin

Last edited:

JamesB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_3545.jpeg
IMG_2977.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg
I would highly suggest using a Apollo Max muzzle brake.. makes a huge improvement in the amount of recoil.. I bought one for my 308, now have one on my 6.5cm, 6arc and 14.5”556..

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my 70's and my interest has increased. Go to the range weekly (or more) and practice some drills I created from watching You Tubes. I have sold off most of my guns and pretty much shoot my EDC all the time. I can honestly say after shooting a lot of handguns, this one fits me perfectly. So "dance with the one you brought".
I also just ordered a red dot optic for this gun. Gulp! Now something new to learn other than iron sites. (any advice?)

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't lost interest in guns. I still want pretty much every one I see. But I have sorta lost interest in shooting as often as I once did. It's not as fun for some reason. I haven't really figured out why, exactly.
Same here. Actual pulling the trigger sometimes seems like more work than it’s worth even though I now have more options and still looking for more.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looked forward to retirement,
Was planning to join the "Old farts shooting group" at the range every Wednesday morning.
COVID came along and killed them off or put them in the nursing home.
Heard there's a new group started up that shoots on Thursday mornings, I'm going to give them a try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom