Have you lost interest in guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't recall what they call them but they are a .22 rd but lighter than a .22 short. Maybe their for rats. My buddy filled a cardboard box full of old newspapers and books and magazines. He's sit and shoot a target on the box in the living room.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I’ve aged the last few years its come to my attention I’m just not as interested in firearms as I was. I added a couple to my collection in the last few years but Im shooting less and less. Some of it has been eye sight related and the fact I’ve had to start wearing a distance prescription, some of it has been increasing costs of ammunition and reloading components ( specifically primers) and the fact I can’t replace them for what I paid . And then last year a shoulder injury occurred and surgery this year early used up the best part of a year in recovery. I did everything the doc said to include waiting till the end of august to shoot again. Even waiting till August led my to the epiphany that shooting a 308 was painful and that it seems only a 5.56 didn’t upset the sensibilities of my repaired shoulder. Supposedly by November I should be good to go again but that shooting session still has left me with questions about what’s really tolerable for me.

I was told that while that repair to my joint fixed things it’s never going to be as good as it was. So here I am researching the 6 mm ARC and preparing to look at uppers in hopes that it’s less upsetting to my shoulder and contemplating downsizing depending on how this shoulder feels at the one year mark in December.

Anyway gas anyone else been through similar things that changed this hobby for you?
I'm not tired of shooting or collecting.But I have a hard time finding
I'm sorry. 😢

Kinda the same here. I haven't lost interest but I have lost the ability to enjoy shooting. That nerve damage is gonna be with me from now on, I guess. Even with meds.
Ive been hearing ads on the radio for clinics that are having great success reducing nerve damage. You might look into that.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not tired of shooting or collecting.But I have a hard time finding

Ive been hearing ads on the radio for clinics that are having great success reducing nerve damage. You might look into that.
Yeah ... All the ones I've tried have either had some excuse for why they won't work on my particular brand of neuropathy or they just haven't worked at all. I won't give up trying to find a fix until they roll me into the fire at the crematorium though. Thanks for the head's up. I'm always up for the next best thing! 😘

Latest posts

Top Bottom