Here it goes again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers please if you can.
My right leg and ankle swelled up below my knee and I had an ultrasound yesterday.
Left legs fine but i have a blood clot in the right leg. Dr. Wants to send me to a surgeon to have it removed asap.
I understand the meaning of "death by 1000 cuts" better now.
My prayers to you brother.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is causing the clots?
And apparently after you've had 1 clot, your most likely to get another. I was on blood thinners until I had to have surgery 2 weeks ago. They told me to stop them until I saw my vampire Dr and the leg swelled prior toe getting in to see him.
I'll be on blood thinners the rest of my life which really sucks, if I nick myself and it bleeds, it takes a lot to get a small bleed to stop. And im getting old man thin skin so it's very easy to get a bleed.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And apparently after you've had 1 clot, your most likely to get another. I was on blood thinners until I had to have surgery 2 weeks ago. They told me to stop them until I saw my vampire Dr and the leg swelled prior toe getting in to see him.
I'll be on blood thinners the rest of my life which really sucks, if I nick myself and it bleeds, it takes a lot to get a small bleed to stop. And im getting old man thin skin so it's very easy to get a bleed.
I already have that really thin old people skin. I'm not on blood thinners and it sucks. That's a bummer dude.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Invest in some quick clot bandaids

https://www.amazon.com/Curad-Quickstop-Clotting-Technology-Flex-Fabric/dp/B01FY63WA4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3HHFYWL6VUC78&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.NQCPH9oybB4uRL0rlVYxwL0NJO5gtFqT2xFuffn-Py3-MVfAuOZiabUR1r9_K8rY6byS2LC7cVWALlxVzdPOw1EHACvBH-e145QtGZjg0g8cSsoolIWNFCD_6KBlg3CCcxVVxAqX643exfeS3ZnSiB4cxQk1fidIzfB2__fBYgod72i0VN3YfVx6Pqocv-4XYG_cyYWpBmPNGG2BzwFDaVdR182bCwNy6c_H5kscOJLRGLoY1VLRmjsTYIz9pK0xJI9QroSQZKg5LFYuwtTQpIMEyvuB6kyKGGtOJoW-BmA.ELgzX0gTjP7d_AcfGvpkr-EoK_LuOxoKlVBOqqnAkzk&dib_tag=se&keywords=quick+clot+bandage&qid=1718925083&sprefix=quick+clot+bandaid,aps,118&sr=8-2

Edit:
My only other suggestion is to stay active as in not sitting all the time. DVTs tend to happen when the person is non mobile (other reasons too), but we take special care when someone is in the bed in the hospital. There are machines that squeeze the leg periodically to mimic the pumping action walking gives the leg.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Carry a tube of Super Glue. Used to be only thing in my backwoods first aid kit.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom