How many have WW11 or pre WW11 rifles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have one military rifle from that era. Its an Arisaka that has been sporterized and rechambered to a .300 savage. I hope to take a deer with it this fall.
Have several guns built prior to WWI, and others prior to WWII, but all are sporting arms. I love the old classic guns.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010009_1.jpg

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have one military rifle from that era. Its an Arisaka that has been sporterized and rechambered to a .300 savage. I hope to take a deer with it this fall.
Have several guns built prior to WWI, and others prior to WWII, but all are sporting arms. I love the old classic guns.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010009_1.jpg

That is a sweet looking rifle.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old Ariskas make nice platfroms for converting.
Well at least the early ones.......later they were turning out some really cheap rifles towards the end of the war and it was obvious they were losing.

I've got a 7.7 that's a great shooter.
At least back when I could still peek down the Lyman peep sights.

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My interest in shooting stemmed from military surplus firearms, the Black Rifles and pistols came much later. Most of mine are WWII era semi-autos, but I have a good number of bolt-actions as well.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't do it! As soon as I shot my SAKO M39 I started looking for more online. They're cheap enough that you don't think so much about the cost, but that's a trap...as you will make up for it in volume.

Also have a 1935 K31. It's a toss-up as to which one is more of an assassin. ;)

zork

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an 1895 Swedish Mauser, a 1944 Yugo Mauser, and a WWII era M1 Garand. I haven't shot any of them since 2004 due to circumstances beyond my control. Hopefully, someday soon. I have boatloads of ammo.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't do it! As soon as I shot my SAKO M39 I started looking for more online. They're cheap enough that you don't think so much about the cost, but that's a trap...as you will make up for it in volume.

Also have a 1935 K31. It's a toss-up as to which one is more of an assassin. ;)

Yep those K31's are great rifles, very hard to beat!!!!

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've inherited a couple of Mosin Nagants, a SMLE, an Argentine Mauser, Sweedish Mauser, and Turkish Mauser. I know they range from tack drivers to barely safe to fire. I've also got a decently nice Garand, but it lives with the "modern" weapons.

Not sure what to do with the things, honestly. Guess I better start learning about milsurps. Ultimate plan is to keep the one or two I like the best and sell the others.

Takes some work just to figure out which you like the best! Leaning towards the Argentine and one of the Mosins, they seem to be the nicest by a significant margin. Only one way to really find out though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom