I’m going to have to take the concealed carry class again aren’t I? How long is class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it’s peace of mind also…… if I get stopped by the popo and I can show them my CCW permit I am hoping they will realize I have had a background check and that I’m possibly not wanted for anything ………….maybe!
Possible, but then you also could be seen as a threat. It’s far safer if people just assume we are ALL carrying. An armed society is a polite society.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although I'm not very smart, the only current advantage I see to SDA now is when traveling out of state (work, vacation, etc).
IIRC, 40+ states honor Okla SDA but maybe less than 30 have Constitutional Carry.
If there are other valid reasons, I'm not aware of, please post them.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although I'm not very smart, the only current advantage I see to SDA now is when traveling out of state (work, vacation, etc).
IIRC, 40+ states honor Okla SDA but maybe less than 30 have Constitutional Carry.
If there are other valid reasons, I'm not aware of, please post them.
Same reason here. Odds are against an encounter where self defense would be required but I'd rather be prepared than become a statistic.

Hooper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

A lot of states honor constitutional carry.
Oklahoma and Texas for sure
No advantage for ccw, that I can find, unless you go to a State that requires it, then it has to be a reciprocity state. All states have restrictions like Government Buildings or Private Business who do not allow guns. Some have caliber restrictions.

The above for mentioned is not legal advice nor necessarily my knowledge, just what I read on the site, which claims to be a legal Gun Information site.

Carry is each individuals risk.

Situational Training would be far more helpful to individuals than permits, here is one example

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom