I remember the good old days of OSA Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okuma

Crocodylus Pontifex
Special Hen
Reaction score
Link is broken, might want to remove the post since it still shows up in searches for "Classifieds". Or else fix the link maybe. On a policy-related topic, with the new (apparently "open") classifieds policy I think I've gotten my first scammer. My personal level of trust for doing business here is rapidly declining.
I've run a site for a few years with an open policy and it's worked out great. If you have any concerns just utilize the feedback system, all the feedback threads are still there and the new system is up and running.

Okuma

Crocodylus Pontifex
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will send you a PM.
I will say there was a spammer on the site this morning that sent out some private messages, he has already been dealt with. Also the rule change would have no effect on this occurence since he was using pm's and not the classifieds.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say there was a spammer on the site this morning that sent out some private messages, he has already been dealt with. Also the rule change would have no effect on this occurence since he was using pm's and not the classifieds.

Yep...we've always had issues with scammers using PMs. In fact, it's been less than usual since we've switched softwares.

Oh well, it's been a first in the few years I've been here anyway.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't realize OSA ever had a closed classified system. I was pretty sure it was open to the world and nothing prevented a new member from pm'ing a seller in the classifieds. Never even heard of a <20 post member getting banned for circumventing the rules.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't realize OSA ever had a closed classified system. I was pretty sure it was open to the world and nothing prevented a new member from pm'ing a seller in the classifieds. Never even heard of a <20 post member getting banned for circumventing the rules.
IIRC you could not even access the classifieds unless you had 20 post...but I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom