Internet Service Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had Cox Comm. at my present house for about 9 years now. The price has gone from $20/month to $40/m. ....I know some people think that's inexpensive, but I don't like that the rate has doubled in such a short time. I'm in the Owasso/Tulsa area. I don't need a super high speed server, just basic stuff. thanks,

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all about competition. It is Cox and ATT, and Cox is much faster and more reliable. Any other service will be terrible, and make "basic stuff" seem like a chore. I live in the hills NW of Tulsa and have to put up with Exede, with slow speeds, terrible service, 12GB data cap, and around $65 a month.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all about competition. It is Cox and ATT, and Cox is much faster and more reliable. Any other service will be terrible, and make "basic stuff" seem like a chore. I live in the hills NW of Tulsa and have to put up with Exede, with slow speeds, terrible service, 12GB data cap, and around $65 a month.
I have the same crappy service. Exede metered service. My only option other than Hughes net.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have Hughes Net, It is terrible and runs me about $139 bucks a month. My only option out here except some guy who runs a server from his house. I would love to have cox Internet out here.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Cox too and they just keep raising the price. I have been thinking about a ipad and going with T-Mobile or some other
wireless internet service. For $30 buck a month or so I could get all the gb's I need and have mobility too. I just need email and a
little web surfing every now and then. Cox or ATT is all there is around here too, and Cox is better than ATT. What a choice!

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just give them a call and act like your going to cancel because the rates are getting too high. They will normally cut you a deal for the next 6-12months. They will make 3 attempts to keep you as a customer, then say ok a let you off the hook. You might even be able to go all the way and cancel then sign back up as a new customer or in a different name at the household. Im not sure on that one though, Ive never had to go that far.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to have the full blown package deal from Cox: Cable, Phone, and Internet...was like $130 per month. We are down to just Internet from them now, I have the "Essentials" Internet package, which is $44.99 per month. We did have the "Internet Starter" package at $39.99, but upgraded to see if the speeds were really that much better. Starter had a DL speed of like 5 MB and Essentials is 15 MB. Is it worth $5.00? Yeah, the wife says it is, so it must be true. Besides, my only other real option is AT&T, but my neighbor works for them and he's a major league doofus, so I want no part in them.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have the same package, $49.99 comes out to about $53.00 after taxes. Also had ATT and switched back to Cox. Seemed about the same speed but less problems with continuous service.

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Hughes Net, It is terrible and runs me about $139 bucks a month. My only option out here except some guy who runs a server from his house. I would love to have cox Internet out here.
If you look up "AIRLINK", see if you are within their range. $99 a month - unlimited data. We stream movies and watch youtube with NO buffering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom