Is OK a stop and ID state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the law but if the man was required to provide ID you would think it would have been before the trooper got his feelings hurt?

I 100% back the blue when they engage in lawful enforcement. Yes the parents were trashy, but deer watching doesn't seem like a good reason for this to happen.

I personally would have never acted like that, but have free speech, so I felt the need to share and see what OSA thinks since it was in Oklahoma.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The vast majority of the law enforcement, sherrifs, deputies, constables, police officers, etc etc etc, are good. They do a good job and they're good people.

This trooper and OHP will lose this. The Supremes up in Washington DC have ruled that bumper stickers, signs, etc, are protected by the 1st amendment. BIYCH on the back of the car? No problem.

Of course you must cooperate and be polite and cordial to law enforcement, you can argue your case in front of the Judge later. You just won't win right then and there on the side of the road. Period.

On the other hand, there are indeed a very small percentage of law enforcement people who are batchit crazy, pathological nuts, etc etc etc.

If it were not for the video no one would ever believe the citizens.

And by the way, The Supremes up in Washington DC have just ruled that it perfectly and completely legal to record and broadcast video as things are happening.

And BTW, is that a Child screaming in the background? Shame Shame.
I mean the cops that told him he was a bytch and that they would hurt him for not listening...I just don't understand it. Acting like that they make themselves look less professional and that hurts their support among the law-abiding public. The guy was out of line compared to how most people would act, but I was just sad to see him hurt for something that began with deer watching. He should have never gotten physical with the cop.

Last edited:

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no stop and identify statute in Oklahoma that I am aware of . They can ask but you're not obligated to answer , guess it depends on how much inconvenience you want for your day.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I deleted to reword. I'm not an attorney or law enforcement person.

Thinking on how to better say.
Don't worry about it...you have a right to give your opinion. I just came across it and was surprised I had not seen it on the news or something. I think both parties had some fault here. But whatever the law is, it should be upheld.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the video yet. I don’t think OK is a stop and ID state, but if pulled over a traffic infraction and the LE wants passengers info, they are technically required to provide it.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the video yet. I don’t think OK is a stop and ID state, but if pulled over a traffic infraction and the LE wants passengers info, they are technically required to provide it.
Yeah I mean the guy took a stand and paid a price...in a free country, unless he committed a crime you would think he would have been free to go. He probably wasn't the best person to represent freedom and I would not be surprised if he was an ex-con. But still, deer watching with his kid? Imagine the kid's trauma over nothing. The dad should have also considered that though.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, and just think, pick your battles.

Just don't argue on the side of the road with law enforcement. Will not go well for you right then and there.

Just be polite and cooperate. Some battles you are a moronic foolish schmuck to fight.

You can later, if you wish, lawyer up and go see the Judge. That's the place and time for it.

I really feel badly for the child. That's awful. And that includes Dads language in front of his kid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom