its crazy that covid is still going around.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
August has been a really rough month for me.
Late last year i found out my granddad had cancer, and my dad called me at the start of this month telling me he wasnt doing to good. he hadnt been eating or drinking a whole lot and was skin and bones and called me over to go visit him.

shortly after visiting my grandpa and seeing him in such bad shape i got real sick with covid for a few days.
The crazy thing about it was it just gave me a real bad headache, made me feel weak & It gave me the worst sore throat ever. like it was painful to eat, drink, swallow ect....

The sore throat i think was the worst. i thought it was just a summer cold or flu you know? i went to the dr that week and got tested. Well a couple days go by and i called my grandparents and found out they were sicker than **** and they had it too. mind you im 32 years old and grandpa and grandma are 85. they been together since they were 16 thats like...practically unheard of in todays society a couple sticking together that long. even my own mom and dad divorced when i was at a very young age of 7, and ive been through a divorce myself.

Anyhow, if theres any.....point to this story at all, i guess its that covid can be lethal to elderly that already have some health situation going on like my grandad who had cancer.

when he was at the hospital we found out the cancer spread to his liver, and then found out he had some other bacterial blood infection and his health just deteriorated. he was a fighter man. he was basically in icu at the hospital for about 3-4 days before finding out all that....it was just painful watching his health deteriorate that rapidly. they moved him to something called hospice and it just sucked man. it was like just waiting & watching em die. i was really hoping id get the chance to go fishing with him again.

if you take anything away from this, it should be just ....if you got elderly grandparents or parents, be very careful around them you know. i think masks are stupid still, but you should be careful around people you love and care about especially if they got health conditions already going on. i felt perfectly fine the day i went to visit him. deep down, it kinda hurts knowing it could have been me that gave them covid that was the final nail in the coffin, but he was 85 and had alot of health issues. people have tried to make me feel better about it and say well he was already old, sick and had health issues so his immune system probably wasnt the best and he likely picked it up from the grocery store, or church or whatever because he was pretty big on going to church.

anyways. this stuffs still going around, and life is crazy you never know when its your time to go and god calls you home. should definitely tell your parents, grandparents you love em, because not everybody gets lucky and gets to even have those final last few days spent. and theres alot better ways to spend time with loved ones then that. he was a hard worker all his life and lived at home. never known anybody who worked like he did even with cancer and at his age he was out choppin down trees with a chainsaw, tilling up a huge garden he left behind, all kinds of stuff. he loved doing alot of manual labor stuff.....i hated seeing him like that, and i know he hated being like that too just laying in bed stuck ridden with illness not being able to do anything when he was such an active person.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
COVID is here to stay, I'm sorry to say. I'm sorry about your grandpa. It's tough.

id have to agree. i figured it was something that was going to just phase itself out from everyone getting immune. heck with the amount of experimental vax's that went around like the media wanted us to all believe there'd be some herd super immunity built up.

the scary thing about it, the day i was around my grandparents we all felt perfectly fine. either they, or i were just "carriers" no ill felt side effects.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it a few weeks ago. Only lasted a few days, first to go was my taste. Then everything else quickly, it was a hit and run

Covid had been making the rounds at work when I got it.

2nd confirmed case for me. The first time almost put me in the hospital.

Doc said dont go home and lay down, keep moving, Its already started to move into your left lung, if you go home and lay down, you will be in the hospital.

Thing is thats all I wanted to do. I kept moving through out the day., It took about a week to start to recover, about 2 months to get back to where I was.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your Granddad. Spend what time you can.
Don't beat yourself up. Enjoy the time you have and cherish the good memories.

Gates and Fauci started this crap. Hope justice is served. This crap will be affecting people for as long as there are people.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about your grandpa but as has been said, it takes a couple of days from exposure to getting covid so there could have been many contacts in his travels to pass along the virus to him.
It's the world we live in now, so move forward with a clear conscience.
You and your family have my condolences.

don ewald

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
August has been a really rough month for me.
Late last year i found out my granddad had cancer, and my dad called me at the start of this month telling me he wasnt doing to good. he hadnt been eating or drinking a whole lot and was skin and bones and called me over to go visit him.

shortly after visiting my grandpa and seeing him in such bad shape i got real sick with covid for a few days.
The crazy thing about it was it just gave me a real bad headache, made me feel weak & It gave me the worst sore throat ever. like it was painful to eat, drink, swallow ect....

The sore throat i think was the worst. i thought it was just a summer cold or flu you know? i went to the dr that week and got tested. Well a couple days go by and i called my grandparents and found out they were sicker than **** and they had it too. mind you im 32 years old and grandpa and grandma are 85. they been together since they were 16 thats like...practically unheard of in todays society a couple sticking together that long. even my own mom and dad divorced when i was at a very young age of 7, and ive been through a divorce myself.

Anyhow, if theres any.....point to this story at all, i guess its that covid can be lethal to elderly that already have some health situation going on like my grandad who had cancer.

when he was at the hospital we found out the cancer spread to his liver, and then found out he had some other bacterial blood infection and his health just deteriorated. he was a fighter man. he was basically in icu at the hospital for about 3-4 days before finding out all that....it was just painful watching his health deteriorate that rapidly. they moved him to something called hospice and it just sucked man. it was like just waiting & watching em die. i was really hoping id get the chance to go fishing with him again.

if you take anything away from this, it should be just ....if you got elderly grandparents or parents, be very careful around them you know. i think masks are stupid still, but you should be careful around people you love and care about especially if they got health conditions already going on. i felt perfectly fine the day i went to visit him. deep down, it kinda hurts knowing it could have been me that gave them covid that was the final nail in the coffin, but he was 85 and had alot of health issues. people have tried to make me feel better about it and say well he was already old, sick and had health issues so his immune system probably wasnt the best and he likely picked it up from the grocery store, or church or whatever because he was pretty big on going to church.

anyways. this stuffs still going around, and life is crazy you never know when its your time to go and god calls you home. should definitely tell your parents, grandparents you love em, because not everybody gets lucky and gets to even have those final last few days spent. and theres alot better ways to spend time with loved ones then that. he was a hard worker all his life and lived at home. never known anybody who worked like he did even with cancer and at his age he was out choppin down trees with a chainsaw, tilling up a huge garden he left behind, all kinds of stuff. he loved doing alot of manual labor stuff.....i hated seeing him like that, and i know he hated being like that too just laying in bed stuck ridden with illness not being able to do anything when he was such an active person.
The short answer is IT'S NOT. It's the friggin FLU. I asked my doctor and he giggled. What he and others called the flu 4 years ago, the media is calling COVID. Why? Fear and MONEY.

Latest posts

Top Bottom