Its not hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just glad my working days in the heat are over. I spent a dozen years as a meat cutter in the 70's and 80's and the cutting room was about 50 and the cooler was low 30's. I've never been good in the heat since then. In my younger days, I grew up without air and rode horses- we didn't have air in school until the 5th grade- mid 60's and then it was hit and miss. parts of school had it and others didn't all the way till I graduated in '74. The Coliseum we graduated in had no air and was hot on Memorial Day weekend. I like warm better than cold, but I really have the Goldilocks syndrome- I like it just right.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember roofing houses when I was 19 during a summer break from college. THAT was miserable and made me never question going back to college in mid Aug.
That would have been the summer of 88. Interestingly enough, we had an all white crew of 5 back when the MX folks hadn't taken over that job.
Man how times are a changin.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember roofing houses when I was 19 during a summer break from college. THAT was miserable and made me never question going back to college in mid Aug.
That would have been the summer of 88. Interestingly enough, we had an all white crew of 5 back when the MX folks hadn't taken over that job.
Man how times are a changin.
Yep been there done that, some friends and I thought roofing was a good idea in the early 80's........young dumb and full of......err well you know.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is hot enough I am not suppose to go outside. I still do but only for short periods before I feel like I can not breath. Funny I can still handle cold better than hot. When I was young I worked construction and did it in 109 degree temps, down to a minus 45 wind chill. (the coldest I remember anyway) Did not bother me all that much.

During the hot months I would come home, go to the big walk in shower (rental house) put a lawn chair in, set the water temp to just slightly warm, strip off and set in there with a big glass of tea. Those were the days.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
July 12, 2012
Driving to OKC.
IMG_7955.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom