Just picked up the custom AR build I've been waiting on for over a year and a half...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hoe. Lee. Crap.
Oh believe me I know. I've known it awhile now, and I've been pissed because I can't get the actual $2400 worth of parts until I can get him to let me drive out there. He's randomly hard to get ahold of and almost always has some reason why I can't come out there to get my ****, but I'm hoping when he gives me my other stuff we'll find the parts I *actually* ordered (that's where they'll be if anywhere, I know this guy well enough to know that, if he did actually order my **** at some point and he hasn't used it himself, it will be with my other stuff. I'm crossing my fingers.

Damn dude, sorry. You got taken to the cleaners.

Is this Redneck by chance???????????

Thanks, it's pissing me off so damn bad. My $70 rescue border collie/german shepherd mix (mainly, at least haha) turned into a multi-thousand dollar pup a week and a half ago when we verified with an EKG that she had a heart condition that would leave her dead if left untreated and that required open heart surgery. The specialty vet in Tulsa was a nice guy and a smart guy, but he was young and just starting out. He'd only done a handful of these surgeries and their facility was crap, so I decided to take her to the OSU Veterinary Hospital. It wouldn't cost me any more but I'd get more experienced staff, better equipment, etc, and I'm a sucker for dogs (apparently AR's too? lol) so I couldn't let her just slowly die of congestive heart failure. Also, I'd heard that surgery success rates for who I took her to were between 95-95% for the place I took her to and, after the procedure and as long as its done early enough in a dog's life, the dog will live out a completely normal life with a normal heartbeat and normal heart structure with no defects whatsoever. Anyway, I feel like **** right now because I now owe thousands for open heart surgery and end up finding out the top-of-the-line AR build I'd originally sat down and designed is really nothing more than mediocre (if you're nice). . .I'm getting a beer...

And nope, no Redneck here. You think I was someone else you know?

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are those pics:

photo3.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto.jpg

I'm not sure what order they're going to show up in, but there's the other lower with the CAA stock, a closer-up pic of the lower, and then a pic of my feedramps. They appear to be good, correct?

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
looks good!!

Thanks, but it looked a lot better as a pile of cash :nolike: Not what I was expecting for sure. . .

Well, the Trijicon Reflex sights do say "ACOG" on them, so you might cut the guy some slack. Look at the "top view" in the following link.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...ail&A=showMultipleImages&Q=&sku=551645&is=REG

THANK YOU. Finally someone understands why I call them those. They're mainly listed online, at least where I've seen them, as acog trijicon.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are some pics of various parts of the rifle:

First off, here is a pic of that Trijicon reflex :)
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_trijicon.jpg

Another pic of optic-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_trijicon2.jpg

One of the labels on the quad rails-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_rail2.jpg

The other labeling on the quad rails-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_rail1.jpg

MBUS Pop-up irons-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_popups.jpg

That old lower-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_photo2.jpg

Another pic of that lower that shows more of the stock that I'm swapping for-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_photo.jpg

Here's the grip pod so you guys can verify it's the legit one that's now listed for like $143.99 I think?-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_grippod.jpg

Gas block (anything look funky here? bc I'm having problems)-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_gasblock.jpg

The ergo grip I bought from sports world (turned out the guy who sold me the gun had the original set I ordered when I ordered the gun but this set is better I think)-
i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_AR_15_ergo.jpg

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are those pics:

View attachment 19828View attachment 19829View attachment 19830

I'm not sure what order they're going to show up in, but there's the other lower with the CAA stock, a closer-up pic of the lower, and then a pic of my feedramps. They appear to be good, correct?

I can't see the feed ramps perfectly, but i believe they are wrong. Looks like the picture on page 2 where it's a rifle extention with an m4 receiver.

That lower receiver looks super crappy.. Sorry, what they did is what is called color fill, but did a ****** job at it. I've done it to three lowers and a glock .40 slide. All came out better than that. I see he left a lot of white paint around the symbols which makes the lower look lighter around the symbols because of the white paint.

I hope you get this resolved, stuff like this is unacceptable. Especially someone taking your money like that.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I ordered the rifle I was actually very active with the process. We just got on his computer and went to midway and brownells (he has his ffl so we were able to order almost everything there) and went through my options for everything, but I never skimped on parts. Like I said, I'm thinking we finally settled on either the Spike's or Daniel Defense lower. I think on the flash hider he just showed me one of his rifles with each different style and I picked what I liked. I do agree that a lot of this build is not what I ordered and I believe we will potentially find the the parts I ordered but I'm not going to hold my breath, I just have to wait until I can go out to Hominy to pick it up to find out...

Gas block issue has now happened multiple times. I'm thinking each time it's fired, especially when aggressively, it's basically hammering on that block and moving it down the barrel. Last time it happened the screws still felt tight and even the gas block was on there pretty good but the gas block had moved like 3/8" or so down the barrel. Hoping loktite and being a little more aggressive when I tighten it (I've messed with enough small, allen-headed stuff enough to know when I'm going to break something) take care of the problem.

I don't know how to identify the M4 feedramps, barrel extension, or really much else on the rifle. I have a camera handy though and know how to separate the upper and lower and operate everything, so if anyone can please give me answers will thoroughly describe what/how they need something photographed I will post it right up.

Read those links I posted. Especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOJHzzauJYw&

Education is the key to not getting taken advantage of via gun parts. Since no one else has asked it, I will: Who sold you that rifle?

Latest posts

Top Bottom