Just picked up the custom AR build I've been waiting on for over a year and a half...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many guns would it take him putting together and selling (with either new or used parts) in order to it even be investigated or taken seriously? Any idea? Because he's not making a TON but I've heard the number 20-30 in reference to just the last month or two. . .Whether that's true or he just likes puffing out his chest we'll have to wait to find out, but I assume that's enough to piss off OSBI.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:(

Luckily that ARFCOM lower was returned to him and I at least got the DPMS without the horrible color fill, but I still obviously want what I ordered.

I'll let you know if I ever get things settled, I'm out of town all weekend for that NRA Pistol Instructors Course but next week I hope to make something happen (like getting the correct parts, or a FULL refund).

that's good man. I can't believe how crappy that looked. PM me your phone number and I can text you some color fill that I did on mine and a friends gun. IMO it really makes the gun stand out if it's done right.

palendn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude... Sorry, because I feel like I'm piling on. But:

I built my first AR in 2010. I had friends give me their spare parts. Parts they had laying around that would be more trouble to sell than to just give away. My 4 rail forend (Identical to your) given to me by a coworker. My buttstock (Identical to yours, although I chose to strip the door rails off to lower the weight) along with a charging handle and a magpul grip were given to me by another coworker. I traded a $65 Surplus Ammo & Arms lower to yet another coworker for the LM stamped A1 upper and, not one but two, Colt bolts and BCGs. I bought a SA&A lower, a DPMS lower parts kit, a DPMS pencil barrel, buffer and buffer spring, front sight post. Total spent approximately $480, with shipping.

i1002.photobucket.com_albums_af149_palendn_IMG00073_20100805_1047.jpg

I hope you can get your money back from this guy. He is certainly not your friend.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude... Sorry, because I feel like I'm piling on. But:

I built my first AR in 2010. I had friends give me their spare parts. Parts they had laying around that would be more trouble to sell than to just give away. My 4 rail forend (Identical to your) given to me by a coworker. My buttstock (Identical to yours, although I chose to strip the door rails off to lower the weight) along with a charging handle and a magpul grip were given to me by another coworker. I traded a $65 Surplus Ammo & Arms lower to yet another coworker for the LM stamped A1 upper and, not one but two, Colt bolts and BCGs. I bought a SA&A lower, a DPMS lower parts kit, a DPMS pencil barrel, buffer and buffer spring, front sight post. Total spent approximately $480, with shipping.

i1002.photobucket.com_albums_af149_palendn_IMG00073_20100805_1047.jpg

I hope you can get your money back from this guy. He is certainly not your friend.

Yeah I normally take on projects like this but he was a good friend through the ordering process and that's when he started acting sketchy. But I mean this dude had serious PTSD and would always ask me to stay over on his couch because I was the only person he could talk to about that stuff and stay "grounded". So essentially it boils down to him being a pretty ****ty guy for pulling THIS on someone who would drive 30mins to his house at 2am because he started having flashbacks. Thats not right, it honestly makes me trust just about everyone less.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many guns would it take him putting together and selling (with either new or used parts) in order to it even be investigated or taken seriously? Any idea? Because he's not making a TON but I've heard the number 20-30 in reference to just the last month or two. . .Whether that's true or he just likes puffing out his chest we'll have to wait to find out, but I assume that's enough to piss off OSBI.

There is no specific number that I know.

OSBI could care less about this as it is an ATF issue and all ATF cares about is that he is not paying the federal 11% excise tax on these assembled guns.

I know you are upset and the guy has done you wrong, but I personally would not sick ATF on my worst enemy. You do what your conscience tells you to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom