Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
12634DC9-3968-4FD1-90A1-9D8E66114280.jpeg

Just about an hour ago. :)

I ran out to Happy Hollow to make sure my deer rifle was still good to go. I’m hoping to get out a few days this week.

I also tested a bunch of different loads through my Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus before it gets its maiden trip to the field.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today.

Here's what happened leading up to it.

Well, it had to happen eventually...... Got a bad case this day. The buck I was hoping was on the far side of the woods, called him to me. At 65 yard I took steady aim, fired, missed. He didn't move. Fire again. He didn't move. Fired again, hit over his back in the dirt, but he didn't move. Said to myself, aha, must have bumped the red dot. Aimed about the same amount under him that I went over and I shot where I aimed. Still he didn't move. Shot at him again thinking I must be off today. Aimed, shot the dirt under him. 5 shots, no deer.

He decided he didn't like the noise finally so he moved, closer, why would he do that, 35 yards he stopped and looked for his new girlfriend he had been talking to. Big deep breath, aim, relax, squeeze, let it scare you, and high left. So, confused, aim low right, hit between his legs. Aimed over his back, hit a tree. This whole time he never moved, just looking around. 3 more shots, no deer.

He moved to a new location, into my shooting lane. I know it is clear, started thinking I was hitting twigs or something. Fired again, between his legs. Aimed dead center and hit in front of him into the dirt past his chest. 2 shots, the magazine was empty. I had no deer. But, still I was upset and confused. I yelled at the deer to fall over dead, he looked my way, let out a blow, and walk away, not run, not troy. He walked away flashing me his tail.

Needless to say I went to the rifle range and confirmed what I feared once my heart rate returned to normal, my poor red dot of 10 years faithful service is no more. Next place I can shoot garbage it is meeting a bullet, seems only fair.

Oh well, I am still upset about it but was wanting to scope that rifle next year anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today.

Well, it had to happen eventually...... Got a bad case this day. The buck I was hoping was on the far side of the woods, called him to me. At 65 yard I took steady aim, fired, missed. He didn't move. Fire again. He didn't move. Fired again, hit over his back in the dirt, but he didn't move. Said to myself, aha, must have bumped the red dot. Aimed about the same amount under him that I went over and I shot where I aimed. Still he didn't move. Shot at him again thinking I must be off today. Aimed, shot the dirt under him. 5 shots, no deer.

He decided he didn't like the noise finally so he moved, closer, why would he do that, 35 yards he stopped and looked for his new girlfriend he had been talking to. Big deep breath, aim, relax, squeeze, let it scare you, and high left. So, confused, aim low right, hit between his legs. Aimed over his back, hit a tree. This whole time he never moved, just looking around. 3 more shots, no deer.

He moved to a new location, into my shooting lane. I know it is clear, started thinking I was hitting twigs or something. Fired again, between his legs. Aimed dead center and hit in front of him into the dirt past his chest. 2 shots, the magazine was empty. I had no deer. But, still I was upset and confused. I yelled at the deer to fall over dead, he looked my way, let out a blow, and walk away, not run, not troy. He walked away flashing me his tail.

Needless to say I went to the rifle range and confirmed what I feared once my heart rate returned to normal, my poor red dot of 10 years faithful service is no more. Next place I can shoot garbage it is meeting a bullet, seems only fair.

Oh well, I am still upset about it but was wanting to scope that rifle next year anyway.

I thought for a little bit this was going to end as a game-ranger-fake-robot-deer-decoy story.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today.

I thought I had the franchise on such goings on as this!.....

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went shooting today for the first time in 6 weeks or so; I hate to use up my stash of ammo.
Shot one box of 9mm and 30 rds of .223; I figure at current prices that $60-70 worth of ammo.
Sure felt good tho.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot 1 6.5 at Bambi's Mom but she jumped as I pulled the trigger and she was gone. Somebody fired just over the ridge just as I started my squeeze, I am having no luck this year, unless bad luck counts?

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last Thursday ... got some new mags for a Remington RM380 that I ran 100 rounds through.

To add ... if anyone is looking for a pocket .380 ... this Remington RM380 is really a neat lit'l gun. Feeds anything ... have 500 rounds of Freedom Munitions 100gr and 40 Hornady Critical Defense without issue. I put the Galloway Precision Spring kit in it and the trigger pull is amazing. CDNN had mags for $10 ... great little pocket pistol. If you can find one ... I highly recommend.

Attachments

• MouseGuns.jpg
    MouseGuns.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Top Bottom