Law covering carrying guns openly in place of business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:lmfao:

Argue that with the LEO's on this forum. Go back and read the post about Roadking Larry getting pulled over in Chelsea/Foyil....as the police members on here all cite it is perfectly legal for them to pull you over for a "welfare check" as they call it. Or, as one other member stated, "if I follow you long enough, you will eventually break a law, or, I will notice one of the 10 LED lights in your 3rd brake light cluster burned out" given me reason to pull you over.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100444

And god fearin' freedom lovin' folk still actually believe that the 4th amendment is alive and well.

:pms2:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We kind of spun off on liquor stores and bars but that aside, did anyone find a statute that allows a business owner or workers to open carry? Or is a lack of statute prohibiting it, defacto permission?

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We kind of spun off on liquor stores and bars but that aside, did anyone find a statute that allows a business owner or workers to open carry? Or is a lack of statute prohibiting it, defacto permission?

The way I read it & understand, if you are the business owner & reside at your place of business, you, the owner, can legally open carry. Fortunately, my situation fits this scenario and I open carry at my place of business.

My comments above about "welfare check" is nothing more than pointing out the inconsistency & practice of law enforcement.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you have to LIVE at your place of business?

The way I read it & understand, if you are the business owner & reside at your place of business, you, the owner, can legally open carry. Fortunately, my situation fits this scenario and I open carry at my place of business.

My comments above about "welfare check" is nothing more than pointing out the inconsistency & practice of law enforcement.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Argue that with the LEO's on this forum. Go back and read the post about Roadking Larry getting pulled over in Chelsea/Foyil....as the police members on here all cite it is perfectly legal for them to pull you over for a "welfare check" as they call it. Or, as one other member stated, "if I follow you long enough, you will eventually break a law, or, I will notice one of the 10 LED lights in your 3rd brake light cluster burned out" given me reason to pull you over.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100444

At the risk of further hijacking this thread...
If you'll go back and look at that thread I didn't have a problem with it.
The officer had a valid, articulatable reason for the stop that made decent sense.
They have to have a reason, just because it was made up on the spot doesn't mean it wasn't a reason.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.

So far so long as something isn't specifically prohibited it is allowed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom