Let's see the Jeeps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deffinatly!!!

Nano... Good luck on everything, if you need any help or have any questions let me know. Im always glad to help another jeeper especially another XJ owner.

Hey, I have a 94 XJ that I am looking at doing a lift on this summer. Don't want a bunch, about 3 1/2" suspension, planning on running some 33's. I don't want to get too much tire, then I would have to gears, axles, etc., and just not wanting to do that much. What brand lift would you suggest for an XJ?

iriediver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just bought an 08 wrangler. wanting bigger tires. not going to be doing any serious offroading. do i have to do the lift if i get bigger tires? where is a good spot to get them? i also got the hard top, and will need a soft top by summer..where is a good spot for that? thanks.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I haven't been out there in several months. Some dudes got busted cooking meth out there and it ruined it for us wheelers. Last I heard it's "ok" to go back, but haven't since it's kinda old to me now. It's worth it if you wanna risk it. I've never been to Disney, we need to have a OSA wheeling trip!

Several from this area are going to be there Feb. 27, and 28th. I am presently trying to get everything ready in the Blazer. I put new bearings and lock out hubs on the front axle. I need to check for an air leak on the ARB locker. Check into a high output alternator.

jeepersjeep

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just bought an 08 wrangler. wanting bigger tires. not going to be doing any serious offroading. do i have to do the lift if i get bigger tires? where is a good spot to get them? i also got the hard top, and will need a soft top by summer..where is a good spot for that? thanks.

Don't go to 4 wheel parts.

You should checkout jk forum. Go to the staging area and click on midwest. Bunch of locals there and will help you get going in the right direction.

Check out this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_F7QrR4Ur8

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. Now after seeing Dave's pics I'm starting to miss my CJ7. 81 CJ7 258, T-5, D300, Stock Dana 30 and Model 20. First vehicle I completely rebuilt. Sold it to another member after my wife said, "I'm pregnant." Still kicking myself on that one.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_100_1177.jpg

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I have a 94 XJ that I am looking at doing a lift on this summer. Don't want a bunch, about 3 1/2" suspension, planning on running some 33's. I don't want to get too much tire, then I would have to gears, axles, etc., and just not wanting to do that much. What brand lift would you suggest for an XJ?

If your wanting to run 33's on a 3.5 kit youll have to trim the fenders. Its not a huge deal but some people are a little scared of cutting on the body. Even with the fenders trimmed, if you wheel it semi hard the tires are still gonna make contact with the body on 3.5, especially if you disconnect the sway bars. You might wanna think about a little smaller tire or just about an inch more lift. It depends on your budget as to what lift and company I would recomend though. If moneys no option I would go with rubicon express but if your like most everyone else and on a budget there are several companies out there that make a good budget lift. I personally love Rustys Offroad. They make a great product and have great customer service. Rough Country also makes a great budget lift, it rides about like the name says but they make a good lift also. Theres so much I can try to tell ya on how to start out so if you have any more questions feel free to shoot em my way.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=rustys&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_suspension_lift_kits.html

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the RE lift on my buddy'ss wrangler is built really well... although hes modified it a bunch by now.

the TREKKS system looks awesome

http://www.tntcustoms.com/page.asp?pageid=169

anything over 4.5" you'll need an SYE kit or a hack-n'-Tap for the rear output shaft of the transfer case.

as is, with 3.5" lift i think a 1" spacer for the transfer case / transmission would be good.

I'm still a newb, but i've learned a lot just reading up on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom