Lets talk Minis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had a Mini-14 (GB LE/GOVT marked) since they first came out. Recently installed a barrel brace, and it really shrunk the groups. 100% reliable, very accurate with 55gr loads, and not to bad with the heavier bullets. I have the original wood stock, but replaced it with the houge over molded stock. I prefer her to an AR any day.

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN2867.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0470.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0471.jpg

Along with my barrel stabilizer, I've added a set of Tec-sight's which have made her more accurate. Next will be a B-square scope mount, and later on I'll
get myself a Mini-30.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Happy Fathers-day!!!!! I'm now the proud owner of a stainless steel Mini-30 that came with three 20rd mags. I still haven't been able to get her to the range, but she sure is sweet!!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Happy Fathers-day!!!!! I'm now the proud owner of a stainless steel Mini-30 that came with three 20rd mags. I still haven't been able to get her to the range, but she sure is sweet!!

Got to run a hundred rounds through her yesterday, just some fun plinking, nothing formal. Sights were close to POA/POI at 50yds, I'm still going to put some Tec-Sights on her anyway, plus put on a stabilizing rod. Recoil was mild, less than shooting a SKS or AK. All things considered she's a real dandy of a rifle.

bushrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been many a year since I had mine. Must say though that I wouldn't mind another one if the right deal walked by. I had the early 181 series and found it to be a fun and very reliable weapon. It was not a target rifle, and turned in some 3"-4" groupings out to 100 yds with iron sights. I understand the newer models are more accurate. I totally agree with those who stated to stick with the factory mags.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of the early ones. I was in the Army reserves at that time after Active Duty. You could bring your rifles to summer camp an use Gov ammo.

Literally shot the barrel out.

Great times having the armorer as a buddy. :D

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest issue with the earlier models was they used a 1:7 twist. Most commercial ammo is 45 to 55 gr. Way to light of a bullet for that twist rate in that gun. They switched it up and went to a 1:9 twist starting with the 580 series I believe. They come now in 1:9 twist.

I've got a 581 series and it happily shoots 62 gr at MOA all day long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom