Lets talk Minis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen the B-Square side mounts for the Mini. Are they solid? If so I might mount an optic providing I can still use the irons. I did pick up a couple of the Tapco 2nd gen mags though I prefer 20 rounders in most situations.

Yea I locked it down tight , worked great.

After about 20 rounds is when I started having problems with the mags.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put an ATI Strikeforce stock on my 581-series Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, a SightMark multi-reticle red dot sight, a CMG foregrip, and a SureFire G2 Nitrolon flashlight. I had to buy the 6-inch lower rail to mount the foregrip and flashlight. I'll see if I can get a photo added when I get home.

Last edited:

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took mine out to the land yesterday, really disappointed with my shooting anymore. About 4 inches was the best group I could get. I shoot Winchester 5.56 and some handloads with CFE under a 55 grain Sierra HPBT. I'd have two touching in the group and the other three scattered. I know it will do better than that. When I lean into the rifle on the bench I start getting neck tremors, makes it hard to hold steady. Maybe I need to see a chiropractor.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only problem I could think of is that some of them have light barrels and to make it dead on accurate is to have a stabilizer put on the bottom of the barrel.
Other than that, they're fun shooting and accurate rifles. The Mini-30 though is a definite yes!

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should have mine in a couple weeks and looking forward to it. Already picked up a couple of the Tapco Gen2 mags for it after reading some reviews on the improvements over the first model. I've heard they do better with heavier bullets than the 55 gr. Anyone experienced this?

From what I've noticed, yeah, a little bit better. You'll have more of a spread like pattern (Like bird shot) with a lighter weight.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took mine out to the land yesterday, really disappointed with my shooting anymore. About 4 inches was the best group I could get. I shoot Winchester 5.56 and some handloads with CFE under a 55 grain Sierra HPBT. I'd have two touching in the group and the other three scattered. I know it will do better than that. When I lean into the rifle on the bench I start getting neck tremors, makes it hard to hold steady. Maybe I need to see a chiropractor.

sucks getting old, I can't shoot as good as I used to also.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my Mini...
Mini14ATINoBanana1.jpg

Here it was before it went bad...
tapatalk_1371957772473.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom