Lets talk Minis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool , glad you got it in. The side optics mount make looking through the iron sights really easy. They also make a" barrel clamp", cant think of the official name, that stabilizes the barrell a little better. Yeah, they are a blast to shoot, feeling the action, its just different than an AR... ;) I had a couple of the tapco mags that worked pretty well, factory are better. My son and I zeroed it in at 100yds. it worked great. Then it started shooting high right about 1 1/2", long story short we had some mags with .556 in them. Dont know the difference, weight of bullett , maybe? Good Luck and Great gun.... :)

I've seen the B-Square side mounts for the Mini. Are they solid? If so I might mount an optic providing I can still use the irons. I did pick up a couple of the Tapco 2nd gen mags though I prefer 20 rounders in most situations.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a stainless Ranch Rifle. First round out of the pipe was dead on, but then the shots would string up and to the right.

There are several company's out there that can correct that. I shot the barrel out of it. At the time in the Reserves after active duty, we had unlimited access to ammo, and at summer camp, we shot the heck out of them. Could have fried bacon on them after a session.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got my "new to me" Mini out yesterday. The thing is a blast. It's a circa '82 model in stainless with the light barrel. Ruger has since beefed up the barrel and improved accuracy. I think that even in it's stock form, the rifle is accurate enough for its intended use. At first I considered installing an optic on it but will probably keep irons on it. Tech Sights makes a replacement rear sight for the Mini that looks to be greatly improved over the stock sight.

Just for sake of discussion, my Mini has a black painted stock with "OSR" carved into it and a rack number on the bottom of the pistol grip. Anyone know what OSR is? Oklahoma Sheriff Reserve?

I don't know, but that is pretty cool. I think the OHP had minis for a few years.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owned one for 4 yrs. Spent a buttload of money on it trying to make it shoot as accurate as a vepr and no go. They are ok truck guns but to expect accuracy as in anything better than 2moa forget it.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen the B-Square side mounts for the Mini. Are they solid? If so I might mount an optic providing I can still use the irons. I did pick up a couple of the Tapco 2nd gen mags though I prefer 20 rounders in most situations.

The B-Square mount is solid and it lets you use the irons. I have been using it for years and never had a problem.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owned one for 4 yrs. Spent a buttload of money on it trying to make it shoot as accurate as a vepr and no go. They are ok truck guns but to expect accuracy as in anything better than 2moa forget it.

I agree and don't plan to make the thing a tack driver. The way I figure, a Mini just needs to be accurate to Minute of Coyote.

The B-Square mount is solid and it lets you use the irons. I have been using it for years and never had a problem.

Thanks, Biggs. I like the look of that B-Square mount.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
here's mine from the same sheriffs auction that flatwins gun came from. mine is wood and blue with no flash hider. didn't take mine out the other day but got to shoot his. fun little guns for sure. i'll probably leave just as it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom