MAGPUL takes out full page ad in Denver Post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt this will stop the Colorado hippies from getting their way.

Come to Oklahoma MAGPUL. I'll even help you load the trucks.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never understood why most firearm companies continue to operate in liberal-infested states. There are plenty of states that would welcome their business.

Colorado isn't that simple. While there definitely are liberal pockets (Boulder, Aspen, less so Denver), most areas are full of rugged individualists who just want to be left alone. Race isn't an issue, nobody cares about weed or homosexuality either. When I lived there, it felt very libertarian to me.

That's why the events in the legislature of late are so confusing to me. It's like the voters got complacent or something.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colorado isn't that simple. While there definitely are liberal pockets (Boulder, Aspen, less so Denver), most areas are full of rugged individualists who just want to be left alone. Race isn't an issue, nobody cares about weed or homosexuality either. When I lived there, it felt very libertarian to me.

That's why the events in the legislature of late are so confusing to me. It's like the voters got complacent or something.

True. Colorado is not entirely cut and dried on its libtard status. I've spent a fair amount of time there over the years. I was primarily referring to the Colts, Smith & Wessons, etc. operating in New England states. New England: where America began and will most likely end.

ibanda

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

The rugged individualists in the mountain communities get run over by Denver though. It happens regularly in states where one big city (think Chicago) comes to dominate politics of what might be a conservative state. I would love them to come here, but their easiest move would be 90 miles north to Cheyenne, WY.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
miami has a readymade facillity just waiting for them.The old plastic gas can plant that was sued out of existance by the EPA.

First, Blitz sued out of existence by a product liability suit gone crazy, not the EPA. Second, it's my understanding another company has bought the facility and is hiring to restart production there.

Back to the topic, there are a number of states that will be glad to spread rose petals on their path to bringing jobs to town. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, me too.

However, I also have to look at "what choice do they have"? The Legislature already amended the original version of the bill to exempt manufactures. MAGPUL themselves admit that if the took the "30 pieces of silver" and stayed in CO that WE would boycott their products and drive them out of business. They know who their market is and im sure they remember the recent "RECOIL magazine" debacle.

So, while i fully support MAGPUL and love their products let's not pretend that their fight is altruistic or an act of martyrdom. It is self preservation and good business. Let's not forget that if they didn't make this stand that we would be planning MOE burning parties and filling PMAGS with tannerite and shooting them in effigy.

Hogwash. They could stay in Colorado and still rake in the cash...the Magpul brand has a cult following akin to Harley Davidson. Colt, Springfield Armory, Remington, Harrington and Richardson, Beretta USA etc...all exist in libtard states with draconian gun laws and there has been no such backlash against them.

This is a decision based on principal and integrity.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's very true. It did, however, used to be way more true than it presently is, sadly enough. Colorado's libertarians and independents have been overwhelmed by liberal elected officials and bureaucrats in the cities. It has generally followed California over time. If one is familiar with California, it's understood that there are significant populations of conservatives, independents, etc., but they have been largely cast aside by overreaching state and local governments.

One small example in Colorado of local bureaucrats run amok: a couple years ago, a retiree in Jefferson county (suburb of Denver on the west side) shot at and wounded two illegals (one of them a multiple felon) as they tried to run him over with his own pickup while they were in the process of stealing it. He was promptly arrested and I clearly recall the subsequent morning statement by the County's press officer: "We simply can't have someone taking the law into their own hands." The county and its DA were eventually browbeat into a corner by a local talk radio host who took up the cause but I still believe the old gentleman still had lots of legal issues and trouble on his hands.

The illegals were eventually arrested but were given, I think, free medical care by the city of Denver in its role as a "sanctuary city" for illegals, whose mayor at the time is the present governor who was elected in spite of being significantly behind in the polls while the Republicrat imploded - this happening in 2010 while nationally Democrats were being swept away. Classic case of the old saying "Democrats are evil, Republicans are stupid"

So yeah. Colorado wasn't that simple but it's way more cut-and-dried, politically, than it used to be. And Magpul knows it.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hogwash. They could stay in Colorado and still rake in the cash...the Magpul brand has a cult following akin to Harley Davidson. Colt, Springfield Armory, Remington, Harrington and Richardson, Beretta USA etc...all exist in libtard states with draconian gun laws and there has been no such backlash against them.

Don't take my word for it:
A proponent of the bill argued that with the amendment language, the choice to stay or leave was up to Magpul. Fitzpatrick responded, "Our relationship with our customers across the country would be severely damaged if this bill passes and we stay. We've already heard word of potential boycotts if that happens. They (legislators) really need to understand that our customer base is as passionate about freedoms as we are, and staying here if this bill passes would cripple the company. Make no doubt about it...we have no choice, and would be forced to leave in order to save the business."

bold is my emphasis.

I do think MAGPUL operates with integrity. Just don't confuse integrity with altruism.

Latest posts

Top Bottom