MAGPUL takes out full page ad in Denver Post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It happens regularly in states where one big city (think Chicago) comes to dominate politics

Which (as an aside) is why the One Man One Vote doctrine of elected representation as currently applied is bad. For example, before that doctrine Oklahoma had one State Senator per county. But because that was unequal representation of the individual voters (nevermind that the Senate was intended to represent the interests of local governments, much like the U.S. Senate was intended to represent the interests of each state), such representation was determined to be unconstitutional.

michaelnc4444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colorado isn't that simple. While there definitely are liberal pockets (Boulder, Aspen, less so Denver), most areas are full of rugged individualists who just want to be left alone. Race isn't an issue, nobody cares about weed or homosexuality either. When I lived there, it felt very libertarian to me.

That's why the events in the legislature of late are so confusing to me. It's like the voters got complacent or something.

This was true, but over the course of the last decade or so, the influx of people from Mexico and California and the influence of those people over the most recent generation has shifted the majority. The rural parts of Colorado still remain in support of 2A, as do portions of the suburban areas. However, the overwhelming shift in the larger cities has ruined it for the rest.

j-black

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was true, but over the course of the last decade or so, the influx of people from Mexico and California and the influence of those people over the most recent generation has shifted the majority. The rural parts of Colorado still remain in support of 2A, as do portions of the suburban areas. However, the overwhelming shift in the larger cities has ruined it for the rest.

Typical of most states with the mega cities, save for maybe Tx. I just visited Ill., and while Chicago leaders and the media are anti gun, the majority of the editorial write ins are pro 2A. Illinois is mostly rural too, but that big ass blemish called Chicago runs the state.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting follow up that they made on their Facebook page.

We're hearing some rumors that the Gov and the Dem caucus think we are bluffing. Just to clarify for them, then...we're not a political company. We dont play political games. We've made our position very clear, very publicly. We would not survive lying to our customer base, nor would we ever consider it. If you pass this, we will leave, and you will own it. We've already got plans in place to get PMAG manufacturing moved rapidly, and the rest of the company will follow. We will make sure to at least have a small remain-behind operation through the 2014 elections so that we can remind folks why we are gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom