Marcus Smart Shoves Texas Tech Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been confirmed that the TT fan stepped on his hand and told him to go back to Africa, N-word. This particular fan has been touted by Texas Tech as their number 1 fan, for real. His name is Jeff Orr. while I agree that Marcus should have let it go, in the heat of the moment, being 19, having one of the WORST coaches in the league who has no control over his team and is actively flushing all the great things that Eddie built down the toilet, stuff like this will happen. I have been an outspoken opponent to Travis Ford, he is self-absorbed prick that does not care about the school he is coaching for.

While Marcus should have let it go, he is 19 years old, I don't care if he is a star athlete or not, it is pretty hard to control your emotions in such a situation, especially given the season they are having. A 55 year old a-hole, however, should damn well know better than to pull something like that. I wonder how the TT player who actually grew up in Africa feels about this....

Confirmed by who? I find it hard to believe the guy would admit to saying what he said, if that is what he said, to any reporter. But who knows, he's obviously an idiot so...

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to at Texas Tech game one time and Blake Griffin was called all kinds of stuff. He shook it off and had a great game. I could not believe they way their fans acted and where throwing stuff on the floor. We where not treated much better. I cant imagine going to a football game there. I won't go back.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Confirmed by who? I find it hard to believe the guy would admit to saying what he said, if that is what he said, to any reporter. But who knows, he's obviously an idiot so...

Doug Gottlieb confirmed the report through a text from the fan who admitted "I said something I should not have", Marcus Smart made a statement of what he heard, as well as several people in the area at the time.

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doug Gottlieb confirmed the report through a text from the fan who admitted "I said something I should not have", Marcus Smart made a statement of what he heard, as well as several people in the area at the time.

Still haven't heard where you confirmed that the guy stepped on his hand. Also, the fan texted that he DIDN'T say anything vulgar or the N-word

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been a fan of Ford since day one. I'd be pleased to see him go. He should have been gone years ago. I had big hopes for the team this year and the way its going they'll be lucky to get a NCAA tournament bid.

Smart wasn't using his head but I can't say I wouldn't do the same if that fan said/did what all are saying he did.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still haven't heard where you confirmed that the guy stepped on his hand. Also, the fan texted that he DIDN'T say anything vulgar or the N-word

According to others around him, he did. Fact of the matter is that the fan should be apologizing for being a racist prick. Marcus made a mistake, but this guy has been caught on camera multiple times doing the same crap.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^ this

The fan texted he said something he shouldn't have, then followed it up with it wasn't vulgar and didn't say the N word. I saw the tweet by Doug Gottlieb requesting anyone in the immediate area that heard the fan say the N word to come forward ASAP but no reports anyone has. And the video doesn't show Smart getting his hand stepped on. He fell short of the fan and had a woman between them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom