Motor oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o'doyle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Castrol Syntec is my oil of choice.. Advance is always running specials with k&n oil filters and i stock up when they do.. 5w30 or 40. Go synthetic you won't regret it!!

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you've been using is fine.
At your next oil change, send a sample to Blackstone Labs for oil analysis.
They can tell you how well your oil is doing, what's wearing, and make recommendations.
www.blackstone-labs.com

Ask 10 people which oil is best, get 10 different answers.
Synthetic is great but use oil with high zink for flat tappet motors.
Main thing is to change your oil!
www.bobistheoilguy.com is a helpful website discussing oil, filters, and related subjects.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Castrol Syntec is my oil of choice.. Advance is always running specials with k&n oil filters and i stock up when they do.. 5w30 or 40. Go synthetic you won't regret it!!

But... Syntec is a Group III last time I checked...

Just because it can be marketed as synthetic doesn't mean it is synthetic...

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just make sure you don't put anything thick in it like 20w-50 or even 40w oils. Those engines are designed to work with thin oils. I prefer 0w-20 Mobil 1.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rotella for the diesel. Mobil 1 for the Grand National. Whatever is on sale (conventional) for my wife's car except Pennzoil. She'll never have anything high mileage. Wix filters on everything.

IMO, the filter is a lot more important than the oil as long as it's changed within reason. If you're a 20k mile oil changer, then you may want to buy a premium oil. But I'm not going to buy Amsoil or Mobil 1 every 5k miles for my wife's car that won't see 100k worth of ownership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom