Motor oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been told to use the manufacturers recommended viscosity and their brand if they have one, such as Motorcraft in this case. They build engines to such scrict tolerances today and they design the engine and the oil to work together.

Anyway, that's just what I've been told. I ran Royal Purple with Wix filters in my Ford truck from the first change on. Expensive but it made me feel better.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...such as Motorcraft in this case. They build engines to such scrict tolerances today and they design the engine and the oil to work together...

Last I heard, Motorcraft in Canada was different than Motorcraft in the U.S.

Personally, I only use Quaker State oil and Wix filters. Plain-jane 5W-20 in the F-150, and UD 5W-30 in the Mini.

FWIW, the Mini was burning off (or at least losing) 1/2 quart of the Mini-brand oil every 2.5K, which is allegedly a "full synthetic" produced by Castrol. The first 7.5K change of the QSUD was T-H-I-C-K and gritty... and only 1/4qt low...

joesnipes7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i use castrol gtx in everything from my riding mower to my harley's,one of my toyota's has 212000 miles and runs as good as it did when new in 91,i only use oem filters

Latest posts

Top Bottom