My Oops Moment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because every shady part of town has a badass taco truck or tamale stand.
BTW, I didn't know I was being a smartass in my previous post.

I like that tamale place over on SW 29th just west of I-44 in SW OKC, El Patio de Tamale or something. Have never paid much attention to the actual sign with the name of the place on it cause it’s a pretty rough area and I’m generally too busy swiveling my head around as I scurry in, gram my bag-O-tamales,and scurry back out. But lemme tell you, the red pork tamales in particular are awesome. It’s got a couple of chairs in there but it’s basically a take-out tamale place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Because every shady part of town has a badass taco truck or tamale stand.
BTW, I didn't know I was being a smart ass in my previous post.

And I know your right about the taco/tamale truck! Well I stand corrected Mr Perfect!!But the rest of us are mere humans and on occasion can slip up !! But I do get what you mean especially when it comes to the kiddos! Here about a year ago my granddaughter started walking and we had to really go through and revamp all sorts of stuff around the hacienda... was not even in the same universe as child safe!!:yikes2:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like that tamale place over on SW 29th just west of I-44 in SW OKC, El Patio de Tamale or something. Have never paid much attention to the actual sign with the name of the place on it cause it’s a pretty rough area and I’m generally too busy swiveling my head around as I scurry in, gram my bag-O-tamales,and scurry back out. But lemme tell you, the red pork tamales in particular are awesome. It’s got a couple of chairs in there but it’s basically a take-out tamale place.

That place is awesome. I get at least a dozen and they don't last long once I get em home and the smell goes through the house.
Check out the El Rodeo market across the street. Go to the back counter and ask for the Carne Asada plate with rice, beans, and tortillas. $10 for some of the best carne asada around and it's easily enough for 2 people.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And I know your right about the taco/tamale truck! Well I stand corrected Mr Perfect!!But the rest of us are mere humans and on occasion can slip up !! But I do get what you mean especially when it comes to the kiddos! Here about a year ago my granddaughter started walking and we had to really go through and revamp all sorts of stuff around the hacienda... was not even in the same universe as child safe!!:yikes2:

Mr. Perfect is far from who I am.
Please forgive me for expecting just a bit less complacency when it comes to firearms.
If someone chooses to carry, I believe they have an obligation to not be lackadaisical about it.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That place is awesome. I get at least a dozen and they don't last long once I get em home and the smell goes through the house.
Check out the El Rodeo market across the street. Go to the back counter and ask for the Carne Asada plate with rice, beans, and tortillas. $10 for some of the best carne asada around and it's easily enough for 2 people.

Well the other day in another thread @CHenry was talking about Tacos Don nachos at SW 37 and Council and we went there...twice now in the last couple of days. Tacos Rico...darn good stuff. The Chile Relleno was also worth eating too. Coctel de Canarones is the bomb. But I do likes me some good tamales.
I kept fingering and fuddling with my holster too, cause I was nervous somebody might see my SIG IWB under my shirt and jacket. Not.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr. Perfect is far from who I am.
Please forgive me for expecting just a bit less complacency when it comes to firearms.
If someone chooses to carry, I believe they have an obligation to not be lackadaisical about it.
I get what you are saying but with the passing of open and constitutional carry you do not have to be over the top on concealing your carry. That does not include safety aspects . Kids... different animal .. over the top, paranoid and on red alert.....

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the other day in another thread @CHenry was talking about Tacos Don nachos at SW 37 and Council and we went there...twice now in the last couple of days. Tacos Rico...darn good stuff. The Chile Relleno was also worth eating too. Coctel de Canarones is the bomb. But I do likes me some good tamales.
I kept fingering and fuddling with my holster too, cause I was nervous somebody might see my SIG IWB under my shirt and jacket. Not.

Taco Rico has a Tortas and special hot sauce that is excellent. Me and my son eat there too much LOL. The only thing I have had there I did not care for were the Sopes and that is me,my son likes em.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I knew you'd like it. I need to go soon but they are closed on Sundays, that's my Mexican food n football day. Try the 3 soft taco special. Ask for the lengua meat. Their rice and beans are way better than most also.
Beef crunchy tacos are awesome also.
Think I'll head to Los Vacaros. There's isn't the same caliber food but it's pretty tasty for second best. And they sell sloppy beers

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the 3 soft taco special and also a crunchy one. No lengua par me! Preferido carne asada y al pastor. Si; arroz y refritos con much delicioso!

Latest posts

Top Bottom