New Orleans French Quarter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mostly rock in the bars on bourbon. Jackson square, if the weather is good, you'll find Jazz and blues. Most of the blues, if you are lucky, will be some old man with a guitar sitting in his spot. Less of those guys since the Hurricane and age has taken them.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess some people love N.O. and some hate it....My wife and I love N.O. and the French Quarter....We go at least 1 time every year.
The Quarter is full of history if you are into that sort of thing. Cafe Du Monde doesn't "always" have a long wait. We were there in mid January, and just walked in and sat down without any wait about 9am. Too many great places to eat to mention them all....depends on your food preferences as well. Best raw oysters I've ever had there...best shrimp and grits at 801 Royal St...
Never had a bad experience in the Quarter....We always stay at a hotel in the Quarter, sometimes even 2 blocks "left" of Bourbon St. Just be aware, don't help the pickpockets out.
Other than Jackson Square, there is plenty of street music on Royal St just one block off Bourbon towards the river.

Latest posts

Top Bottom