"No Firearms Allowed" Signs, with additional information

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, This is my first post that I am inviting the flame throwers to aim at me, and my first post inviting "defacement of property". I have my fire suit on, and prepared to pay the fine, enlighten me of your thoughts.

I feel I personally have been involved with two entities to remove their "No firearms Allowed" signs. Many of you have done the same.

For the business that we have not been successful on, how about this for a peaceful alternative:

I respect the "No Firearms Allowed" businesses. When I have/need to visit one them, If I have an opportunity, I try to convert them. As I leave, and if I feel I have not been successful, I still feel like I need to help them out because they are not thinking their statement on their door sign all the way through.

How about this as an option to try to help them/us out for every one who might read it and make a comment to the owner/manager?

1. How about a stick on to add below these "No Firearms Allowed" signs with an additional informative comment. Something like "Except Criminals with Guns" or similar. It could be a quick easy peal off to add while everyone, or no one, is looking, keep in mind, we are trying to be of public service. Hopefully a few of the "public" might ask about this statement to us or the owner/manager later.

2. What is the penalty for defacing or "fraudulent" posting of something like this below their sign on a window or door? More than trespassing with a firearm? More than the cost of a criminal robbing us/someone in the parking lot?

3. Are there any Printers here that could print up a thousand or so of these in red lettering with the cut in the middle paper for easy peel back? How about 3/4 tall Verdana print? Pm me if feasible.

4. If it works out on the plus side without my hair burnt off, how about send me $1 to cover the printing costs and my time with a SASE and I will send you 20 of these, or something like that? Most likely go in the hole, but that's OK if we might make some progress not to have to d-holster.

Flame me all you want, I will listen to your comments, please add an alternative solution as you do.

If you agree, fine tune me with suggestions as much as you can.

My thought is, the OSA members (and may be others) who most likely have tried to sway these business owners have not been successful, lets get some of the general public involved if they happen to see this addition and might comment to the business owner/manager. A few comments might help.

What are the negative thoughts? Any interest??

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. I'd rather see signs that said "This business hires illegal aliens". This issue is far more important than a few people not getting to open carry. Plus the Open Carry people brought all this stuff down on us themselves. If they would have just kept quite and not made a public spectacle out of the passage of the law no new signs would have popped up. You reap what you sew. Going around defacing signs on private property is just going to hack more people off..

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can verify illegal stuff, I might consider adding that to my sticker list.

When "they" the business, post the gun buster sign on the door, we can verify that, and exactly that, verifiable, that is what I am working on first.

I am not sure who "If they would have just kept quite and not made a public spectacle out of the passage of the law no new signs would have popped up" the "they" refers to. Not me, just sat out here in the country and waited.

Is adding something to the bottom of a buster sign "defacing" or adding an additional comment?

Thanks for replying

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally think it is defacing/disrespecting private property. If you want your "rights" respected, do the same. The whole do unto others thing.

On the other hand, opening a dialogue with a property owner and attempting to change their mind with facts and reason is fair game, as is voicing your opinion with your wallet.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is the right of that business to allow concealed carry people or not. It is up to you if you would like to frequent a business that prohibits concealed carry. Our getting a CCW is not intended for us to "protect" people in general It is to remove the threat brought to us that we believe requires deadly force to remove the threat. Your not a cop just because you have a CCW. Leave this issue alone and mind your own business, you will be much better off if you do so. Just my opinion of course.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What they do on their property is just as much their right to me as carrying a gun is to me.

Explain to them why you won't do business with them - nicely or just ignore the sign (if carrying concealed)

But messing with their sign is just juvenile and makes all gun owners look bad

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Adding additional information may fall under this category:

Title 21 said:
A. Every person who maliciously injures, defaces or destroys any real or personal property not his or her own, in cases other than such as are specified in Section 1761 et seq. of this title, is guilty of:

1. A misdemeanor, if the damage, defacement or destruction causes a loss which has an aggregate value of less than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00);

2. A felony, if the damage, defacement or destruction causes a loss which has an aggregate value of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) or more; or

3. A felony, if the defendant has two or more prior convictions for an offense under this section, notwithstanding the value of loss caused by the damage, defacement or destruction.

B. In addition to any other punishment prescribed by law for violations of subsection A of this section, he or she is liable in treble damages for the injury done, to be recovered in a civil action by the owner of such property or public officer having charge thereof.

Last edited:

Sunset_Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imagine going out to your car in a parking lot and finding flyer on the window. It happens, but upon further investigation its a sticker plastered on your window. Even better, how about the people that stick advertisements on the front door of your house? I hate that ****.

Latest posts

Top Bottom