NO MORE SAFETY CANS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably have a dozen of the red plastic gas gans from 1 gal, 2.5 gal and 5 gal. Never paid for one. I find them in the ditches after people put them in the back of their truck and drive 70mph down the highway when they are empty. Most of the nozzles are broken, but Attwoods has the good replacements.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some may have seen these in the stores. Northern Tool has them. It's plastic but very thick and high quality.
It may seen like a gimmick but I purchase 4 of them for my boat and for that purpose they were great.
The spout rotates and flexes and there is no spill. Any pressure change does not expand and contract the can which leads to a leaky can over time. We sleep on the boat and can't afford a leak. Plus metal on fiberglass is bad. You do need a place or surface to rest the can on for best results.

surecanusa.com

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some may have seen these in the stores. Northern Tool has them. It's plastic but very thick and high quality.
It may seen like a gimmick but I purchase 4 of them for my boat and for that purpose they were great.
The spout rotates and flexes and there is no spill. Any pressure change does not expand and contract the can which leads to a leaky can over time. We sleep on the boat and can't afford a leak. Plus metal on fiberglass is bad. You do need a place or surface to rest the can on for best results.

surecanusa.com

I’m going to buy one of there and give it a try. Thanks for posting.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this little kit on Amazon for around $10. Comes with 3 nozzles and vents. And the drill bit.

I’ve probably spilled gallons of gas with safety cans. Hate the nozzle designs on them.

This should work nicely now.

View attachment 418811View attachment 418812

I’m also going to get one of these just because. I’ve only got one safety spout and it’s on a diesel can, but what a pain in the keister.

I added the little snap in vent adapters to several 5 gal cans several years ago and those work like a charm. I’ve got 6-8 five gal cans that are pretty old and will need to be replaced soon. I might as well have the replacement spouts on hand when I do.

Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom